Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

36 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

We refute Dr Glover's claims

All other contentions from both parties aside, I find this particular assertion from Ashford somewhat difficult to believe.

’I have granted the relevant officers who need to be involved in the timeline a week off over Easter. They have been doing in some cases 17-hour days, seven days a week without a break for 12 months'

It's nearly the end of the week. 

18 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Forums and their members seem to be a dying breed anyway, I’ll be amazed if this forum still exists in say 10 years time. It would only take one big legal case to wipe it off the internet and it’s certainly had a few close shaves in the past, perhaps without John Wright’s input it might not even exist now?

It's rather a miracle that its lasted as long as it has.

50 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

It's interesting to see HRH CM is steering clear of this debacle!

Yes indeed. He’s thick but he ain’t THAT thick. Besides, the Cabinet Officer Fantasy Unit are still coaching him on the reasons why the new Liverpool passenger shed is actually costing more than the Apollo space programme.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

19 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Forums and their members seem to be a dying breed anyway, I’ll be amazed if this forum still exists in say 10 years time. It would only take one big legal case to wipe it off the internet and it’s certainly had a few close shaves in the past, perhaps without John Wright’s input it might not even exist now?

I think you are right up to a point. In the days of BeeManx and Manx.net the forum was full of all the bright young things with their dial-up internet connections. And they (we?) have all now progressed through middle age.

I think this forum particularly has its place in local social media though.

Owners and Mods/Admin willing, it will be here in 10 years.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Bet they use the passing of Phil as a reason not to bother the great, grieving Manx public with such trivia. 

A good time to bury bad news, sort of thing?

22 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

methinks thou doth protest too much

Nope, just me wondering how much of this is indexed by Google. If it stays, it stays. I'm not in the habit of telling anything less than the truth (for better or worse, thank my aspie side for that) so while I might be overly truthful there's not much I can do about people who disbelieve it. 

6 hours ago, Sheldon said:

All other contentions from both parties aside, I find this particular assertion from Ashford somewhat difficult to believe.

’I have granted the relevant officers who need to be involved in the timeline a week off over Easter. They have been doing in some cases 17-hour days, seven days a week without a break for 12 months'

It's because I said I had been working 100 hours per week between DHSC and my own company, at a point where the company was in exponential growth. In DA's world that means it must be beaten in order to state the special nature of DHSC staff compared to the rest of us plebs.

120 hour weeks are pretty much unsustainable for anyone for more than a month, even for workaholics like me, so it stinks of DA being told a few porky pies and beliving it. All I wanted when I resigned was to get a 60-70 hour week back. Like a "normal" start-up founder.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Agreed. But your argument would be more convincing if you had not contributed to this thread with your own words, thus lending it more legitimacy 

I'm entitled to respond to a thread with my name in it. What's your name? Could we name a thread after you?

Edited by rachomics
  • Like 7

Just now, rachomics said:

Huh? I don't understand. What are my own words? You can hear three hours of them on the Tynwald website. 

Not all three hours are your words but that’s bye the bye. (by? I don’t know)

I’m talking about this thread. Maybe a dignified silence on here (and Twitter) would have served you better and given you less angst.

As we know there are two sides to every story. HQ and DA have been subject to much vilification on here and have chosen not to respond in this forum and have just used official channels. Professional you may call it.

Please anyone do not suggest that I or anyone else on here are nom de plumes for either of those two. It gets tiresome.

14 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I’m talking about this thread. Maybe a dignified silence on here (and Twitter) would have served you better and given you less angst.

As we know there are two sides to every story. HQ and DA have been subject to much vilification on here and have chosen not to respond in this forum and have just used official channels. Professional you may call it.

Please anyone do not suggest that I or anyone else on here are nom de plumes for either of those two. It gets tiresome.

Whatever you say Davy boy!

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

How would you know neither of them frequent here?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sheldon said:

One of the many irritating things about modern politics/journalism is that people insist on using 'refute' when they actually mean 'deny'.   Still I'm sure that the refutation will come along once those Stakhanovite 'officers' return to their desks.  What terribly bad timing for David to have given them their first hours off at this crucial time. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1