Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

I’m not sure posts of a different point of view is the issue. The issue is that the thread was created by someone other than the subject and she wishes it hadn’t been done and has stated so. That seems fair enough in my opinion. I wouldn’t like it either, whether I went on to post in it or not.

I’m not entirely sure why you are fudging the issue. You’re not trying to be controversial are you? 

To be fair, the thread was created long before the PAC hearing, and I don't think RG objected to it before.  I am a genuine supporter of RG, but you cannot expect something as explosive as what appears to have been going on not to be commented on.  Whether her name is in the title is also irrelevant, it would be mentioned in the thread, so I am not sure where the issue is. 

I will say it again, from what we have seen, I support RG and wait to hear the rebuttal. BTW,  that was supposed to be issued before the end of this week,  that is today. 

• Like 13

Just now, Gladys said:

To be fair, the thread was created long before the PAC hearing, and I don't think RG objected to it before.  I am a genuine supporter of RG, but you cannot expect something as explosive as what appears to have been going on not to be commented on.  Whether her name is in the title is also irrelevant, it would be mentioned in the thread, so I am not sure where the issue is. 

I will say it again, from what we have seen, I support RG and wait to hear the rebuttal. BTW,  that was supposed to be issued before the end of this week,  that is today. 

Agreed

It's a news story and is discussed the same way on here as every other topic of interest.

I don't have a negative view towards RG and I am currently waiting the rebuttal with an eyebrow firmly arched, however to post publicly on Twitter and attract journalists attention then react disappointed that there's a thread on MF about the same topic...... I mean if there was a PhD to be had in Quelle Surprise.....

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

however to post publicly on Twitter and attract journalists attention then react disappointed that there's a thread on MF about the same topic...... I mean if there was a PhD to be had in Quelle Surprise.....

That's us Aspies for you, mad savant skills, but not so good at reading the room.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I’m not sure posts of a different point of view is the issue. The issue is that the thread was created by someone other than the subject and she wishes it hadn’t been done and has stated so. That seems fair enough in my opinion. I wouldn’t like it either, whether I went on to post in it or not.

I’m not entirely sure why you are fudging the issue. You’re not trying to be controversial are you? 

I think that by posting on the thread, that includes her name and the nature of those posts it does indicate tacit approval for that thread, at least initially. Surely she would have been better ignoring it? (which I earlier referred to as dignified silence)

Given that she did post on the thread it was inevitable that she would attract negative comments. If there were only supporting comments would she still have the same desire for it to be deleted?

I am not fudging any issue or trying to be controversial, just making comment.

Edited by The Voice of Reason

56 minutes ago, Gladys said:

that old fella dying yesterday will be used as an excuse to drag things out.

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

As I previously posted Glad, the half-dozen or so varying rebuttals produced by the Cabinet Office Fantasy Unit are still being subject to lack of quality assurance by the Director of Hogwash, the Senior What Will They Swallow Advisor, and the Hokum Testing Team. Should be ready July 27th. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Yes, I think she would still ask for it to be deleted.

Isn’t there also an importance to acknowledge that when this thread was created, no one but no one could have predicted how things may have turned out and are still turning out?

Wishing a thread about a spat with your personal name on it is one thing. Wishing a thread that has escalated to police, advocates, etc is quite another.

Just offering another perspective. 

Hence my use of the words “at least initially”

You are right though in that nobody  would have forseen this maelstrom 

21 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

As I previously posted Glad, the half-dozen or so varying rebuttals produced by the Cabinet Office Fantasy Unit are still being subject to lack of quality assurance by the Director of Hogwash, the Senior What Will They Swallow Advisor, and the Hokum Testing Team. Should be ready July 27th. 

You missed the Keeper of Smoke and Mirrors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Hence my use of the words “at least initially”

You are right though in that nobody  would have forseen this maelstrom 

I disagree, a lot of us though that it had all the makings of a right shitstorm, but naively thought the matter would be effectivelt managed to lessen the risk and reputational damage. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I guess I was not so familiar with Dr G’s modus operandi at that time!

or the sort of letter shredding antics that sound like a script from Father Ted

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

You missed the Keeper of Smoke and Mirrors.

Sorry about that, particularly as it’s the oldest and most venerated role among the ancient IOMG Order of Obfuscation.

• Haha 2