Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

5 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/health-minister-saddened-by-dr-glover-resignation/

0:33 seconds: "she's not an employee of DHSC, she's an external contrator.." David Ashford

122933387-1700430640115016-9409495442992

He also says that she has decided to end her involvement with the testing regime, when in fact she said that she wanted that to continue.  This isn't the most important issue, but it's a sign that Ashford seems incapable of getting even the simplest things right.

Edited by Roger Mexico
Add link
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I cannot see how you have come to that conclusion......:whatever:   It is the twitter lady who has lost face over not a lot.   She was included when her expertise was wanted and was thanked on every occasion but when a decision was made and her input was not necessary she was not asked and took the huff. Anyway she has gone, the earth is still turning and we are where we are as the youth say.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

I wonder who in the government media team wrote the:

"letter I've just recieved today actually from a member of the testing team."  David Ashford - press briefing.

:D

It's classic Manx Civil Service isn't it?  What someone makes a criticism of how something works, instead of answering that or even altering the way you do things in response, you attack the critic personally for daring to suggest that anything you do could ever be wrong.  The fact that Ashford is stupid or weak enough to go along with it is not a good sign.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I cannot see how you have come to that conclusion......:whatever:   It is the twitter lady who has lost face over not a lot.   She was included when her expertise was wanted and was thanked on every occasion but when a decision was made and her input was not necessary she was not asked and took the huff. Anyway she has gone, the earth is still turning and we are where we are as the youth say.

These are not unusual behaviours from the DHSC in my view, knowing very well the people involved. The cover up this afternoon was laid on too thick - anonymous letters read out to the press, CM has long cover, DA reiterating the same points from the letter over and over again. If the believes that  Path lab and Microbiology are demoralised over this then where has he been for the last 3 years. 

The new approach to reading out complaints (Henderson) and letters from constituents /members of the public (August Hanson) in the last two Tynwald sessions (read it in Hansard) seem like some desperate attempts to show us how much they care but this is too little too late. But, now the precedents have been set, we can all send in anonymous letters,  complaints (of which there are now so many I reckon) and letters of concerns and expect them to be read out in Tynwald. And we as members of the public should now insist on it. Too many people dying under dubious circumstances.

Edited by Apple
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, The Old Git said:

I don’t really follow local politics so know nothing about Allinson, but he appeared to delete his post saying that Rachel wasn’t an employee. This maybe suggests he was wrong and trying to cover his tracks.  Never a good look.

Not his area so best not to criticise a fellow Minister, or they get it back double next time there is a problem. Thats why they are all so nice to each other - scared of what goes around-comes around. Thats why they never tell it like it is and we get fobbed off with rubbish. I suggest this is what has happened here. 

Edited by Apple