Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

5 minutes ago, code99 said:

During the long period when we had no cases the IOMG should have been developing the plan that they did not have. 

I don't know for sure how accurate your summary is entirely but I suspect that the above quoted statement is true and probably can be applied across a number of areas. 

I think we sat back and felt the job was done by September and we can coast in for the rest of the pandemic no need to put anything else in place. 

Then the UK spike happened late Autumn and Winter and we got some humble pie

ETA -I'm saying we as in the IOM (be it Government or general populace) rather than any specific "we's".

Edited by Rhumsaa

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

It’s most interesting that track and trace, an unmitigated and massively expensive disaster was a private sector operation whereas the superb vaccine rollout is the work of the NHS.

Track, trace and isolate and lots and lots of public money was given to Serco the chairman of which, surprise surprise, is a tory donor....!

They tacked "NHS" on to the front of "Track Trace and Isolate" because it was such a disaster they hoped the hard of thinking would think it was an NHS operation and thus shouldn't be criticised.

What a bunch of sleazeballs....

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Nothing really except that it was presented as some sort of major revelation.

Only in your head.

It's on Wiki, along with all his other questionable moral behaviour.

Well, it will be two weeks tomorrow since RG's evidence to PAC.  We were promised a rebuttal last week, then in the early part of this week.  Perhaps tomorrow?

It may well be that constructive discussion is now ongoing with RG or they are holding off to present to PAC or the rebuttals are not that easy or the staff involved are still on holiday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Well, it will be two weeks tomorrow since RG's evidence to PAC.  We were promised a rebuttal last week, then in the early part of this week.  Perhaps tomorrow?

It may well be that constructive discussion is now ongoing with RG or they are holding off to present to PAC or the rebuttals are not that easy or the staff involved are still on holiday. 

Non disclosure agreement being framed. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Rebuttals that may have to be said under oath can be a bit more difficult?

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Gladys said:

Patience, Glad!   The rebuttal will be issued in the coming days,  (Remember, Ashie gave his hard-working staff Easter off.)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gladys said:

It may well be that constructive discussion is now ongoing with RG 

I really hope so @Gladys.

To me, one of the big issues going forward is going to be different strains that the current vaccines may not work as well for. Having agreed that Hooper phrase about "robust and speedy system of genomic testing", if we don't get something on Island and therefore know about new strains within a day or so rather than a week or 2 so that advice can be given accordingly, we'll be shooting ourselves in the foot *again*

Maybe @Julie Edge (Onchan)could ask whether any progress is being made on this?

PS. I'm ignoring all the other help that genomics could provide for tracing transmission as I'm hoping we won't get any more large outbreaks as the Government will be all over that having learned all the lessons from the previous outbreaks...

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Gladys said:

Well I expect Howard etc are hoping that with his announcement of restrictions being lifted next week & forthcoming announcement on borders changes that everyone will forget about this distraction and move on😀

• Like 1