Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

12 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

May I ask what was in these anonymous letters? 

Have a gander at MR's website, the boy Ashford reads it out. File's too big to post...

And Kudos to Moulton for pulling up a rather petulant Ashford.

Edited by quilp
Moulton
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

As I understood it the letter was not anonymous but the author requested that their name was not revealed.

That would have been my assumption, on the grounds that even Ashford isn't clown enough to read out a genuinely anonymous letter. Forget "high school", this is primary one stuff.

• Thanks 3

There have been mumbles of discontent amongst the other team members for a while now I believe, it was not an anonymous letter it was signed and I would hope the writer would step up now and confirm this.  This lady has been promoting her firm via self promotion when it was a team effort from the start.  As for a Moulton it took him ages to find his mute button which he should have left on  his garbled garbage was just embarrassing.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

If Ashford had received a letter from a staff member, which was in support of the contribution made by Dr. Glover, would he have read it out?

To read out a single letter is presenting a view that is statistically irrelevant.

I will take a wild guess and say that Dr. Glover knows a bit more about statistics than Ashford.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Watching it again I'm still calling bullshit, it's even written in his style of delivery.

When he reads out the "letter" at one point it says "Above and beyond" - is that not one of Ashfords phrases he has used many times in previous press conferences? Not sure but it does sound familiar to me.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

I’ve just listened. I have two questions. 

Why is it that we’re now being pushed in a totally different direction, ie - the rest of the staff are unhappy because they haven’t had as much recognition as Dr Glover and it’s all the fault of the media - and away from Dr Glover’s initial point that despite having this wonderful testing centre, full of highly qualified and dedicated staff, not one of them was consulted by government before they implemented changes to the testing regime? 

And my second question is...

Who the hell gave Dr Grumble a letter pad and pen? 

Well observed.

I would like to add, and it’s ignored that all the islanders, medics, nurses and hospital staff have worked together. Many islanders have gone over and above, raising funds, providing help and support etc, and some have been ignored. We as islanders have foregone many ‘rights’ and things we normally take for granted, seeing family and holidays being one of many. I’m not overkeen, but like many, have accepted things with good grace. Sadly Mr Ashford is the last person who should have been publicly rewarded. I think that there has been government interference in this episode, which has resulted in a resignation. Now comes the blame game.............. sad and tawdry, no winners either.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

So lots of members of staff have been sending emails of support to Dr Glover. Hmmmm. Maybe it will get to the point where only one person has not sent a message of support. That's going to narrow things down a bit.

Are civil servants allowed to send personal emails?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Are civil servants allowed to send personal emails?

why wouldn't they?

I know some employers might demand no contact with people but surely that would only count if it was a suspension, can't put controls over what people do in their free time.

• Sad 1