Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I think Dr Glover said four weeks ago

That makes no sense, she has been bleeding about them for 5 months, why send an email 4 weeks ago?    Bloody games. 
You can’t volunteer for a service that doesn’t exist, why doesn’t she just offer her service to the public and if they want her service they can pay her, she has all the kit and skills and wants to do it for free, so what is her problem? 

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

You are the 4th H from OCG and I claim my £10

Nah...the fourth H is Hastings all along - Steve Arnott is Hasting’s love child from his teenage fling with Gill Biggeloe and Kate Fleming is in a secret affair with Patricia Carmichael who is blackmailing the Chief Constable who ordered the murder of Gail Vella before she outed him as the lynchpin of the OCG trying to set up a European football Super League.

Cheers

Jed

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, paswt said:

Forgive me but this 'commercial decision' involves no financial cost to IOM gov ,   the cost could well be the lives of residents and the loss of revenue to businesses .

I said “ the equivalent of a commercial decision “ I’m sure the Government,whatever some on here think, have the best interests of the residents and businesses at heart. The wrong decision could put those in jeopardy. ( Awaits derision from Uhtred & Co)

I'm informed that if one is unsuccessful in a job interview  these days it is acceptable to ask and be told why  .

ok you are more informed than I am

I am curious to know why you allege "rachomics" has been petulant as it's not a view I share :flowers:

Have you not read her postings?😊!

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

They will have reached a decision not to use you for what is the equivalent of a commercial decision, and have no obligation whatsoever to disclose the reason behind it.

If you go for a job interview and don’t get the job do you expect to receive a detailed account of why you weren’t considered the most suitable option for the position?

Why so petulant?

Surely, if anything, there is a drive and push for a more open government, and insight into their policy making.

If they could spin refusing or ignoring the offer of genomics in a positive light, they would.

Edited by AcousticallyChallenged
replacing a word
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, buncha wankas said:

That makes no sense, she has been bleeding about them for 5 months, why send an email 4 weeks ago?    Bloody games. 
You can’t volunteer for a service that doesn’t exist, why doesn’t she just offer her service to the public and if they want her service they can pay her, she has all the kit and skills and wants to do it for free, so what is her problem? 

Well, you could go back a whole 1-2 pages and read what I've said but it sounds like that's too much effort.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

????????

This is a slight tangent, but here is part of what Johnny Mercer said in an interview after being fired by BoJo:

This is the most distrustful, awful environment I’ve ever worked in, in government. Almost nobody tells the truth is what I’ve worked out over the last 36 hours. And, you know, so so I don’t think anyone really can get on their high horse about trust and ethics and all the rest of it in politics, because as far as I’m concerned, most of it is a bit of a cesspit, I think we do have a clear commitment to follow through on our promises and do right by those who serve.

He is a former army officer, and even in this extract you can see the struggle between having a 'moral compass' and politics.  No different here at all, IMHO.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

This is a slight tangent, but here is part of what Johnny Mercer said in an interview after being fired by BoJo:

This is the most distrustful, awful environment I’ve ever worked in, in government. Almost nobody tells the truth is what I’ve worked out over the last 36 hours. And, you know, so so I don’t think anyone really can get on their high horse about trust and ethics and all the rest of it in politics, because as far as I’m concerned, most of it is a bit of a cesspit, I think we do have a clear commitment to follow through on our promises and do right by those who serve.

He is a former army officer, and even in this extract you can see the struggle between having a 'moral compass' and politics.  No different here at all, IMHO.

It’s a great big tangent. 

You can’t use comments from a totally different jurisdiction to suit your own narrative about the IOM.

6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You can’t use comments from a totally different jurisdiction to suit your own narrative about the IOM.

Of course I can.  Have you never heard about analogy (a comparison between one thing and another, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification)?

Are you implying that our government is a paragon of virtue?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Of course I can.  Have you never heard about analogy (a comparison between one thing and another, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification)?

Are you implying that our government is a paragon of virtue?

But it’s not a comparison. It’s taking a comment from somewhere and trying to say it’s applicable elsewhere.

Its like saying there is a volcano on the Isle of Man because there is one in Sicily

29 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Its like saying there is a volcano on the Isle of Man because there is one in Sicily

Well, to be fair the Sicilian flag is a Triskelion and it's local government is run by shady vested interests....

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Boo Gay'n said:

except the having a moral compass bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

That may be the case, but the eradication of trust and confidence by the actions related to in this thread cause me concerns.

Leadership and in particular the sense of morality is essential in moving this disease to a more manageable level. 

• Like 3

Re the non response to Dr Glover:

It may well be the Government have had legal advice not to engage with those accusing them of theft and malpractice. 

Not saying that is the case and I’m no lawyer but it  would seem to be a sensible precaution for the Government to take should this spat take a different turn

• Like 1