Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

5 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Ashford did his usual debating style technique of saying a lot of words without saying anything and would go off topic regularly. The "letter" was discussed for which he put the blame squarely on the press for misinterpreting what he actually said. 

I have just finished listening to the DA / PAC session. My views:

Main points and lessons learned, nightly phone calls with the CEO, unminuted meetings, DHSC inflexibility, lack of clarity on RGs status re employment. 

Performance wise - rushed responses, overtalking over PAC questions (Told not to do it by Robershaw), passionate exchanges again with Robertshaw, overloaded answers with irrelevance, repetition, deflections and in the end I thought he was trying to make sure his hindsights find a way into their report.

Bold and confident but lots of deflection in my opinion. Was he let down by others at some points or did his leadership fail to enable others to cope with problems and disempower people as they arose. We await PAC report and RG's evidence.

Jury still out I feel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Apple said:

Main points and lessons learned, nightly phone calls with the CEO, unminuted meetings, DHSC inflexibility, lack of clarity on RGs status re employment. 

Performance wise - rushed responses, overtalking over PAC questions (Told not to do it by Robershaw), passionate exchanges again with Robertshaw, overloaded answers with irrelevance, repetition, deflections and in the end I thought he was trying to make sure his hindsights find a way into their report.

Bold and confident but lots of deflection in my opinion. Was he let down by others at some points or did his leadership fail to enable others to cope with problems and disempower people as they arose. We await PAC report and RG's evidence.

Jury still out I feel.

I think the earlier comments on bullshitting probably cover it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Twitch said:

I think the earlier comments on bullshitting probably cover it.

Right. Somebody I think asked for a short version and I was going to listen to it anyway. 2 birds, ! stone.

8 minutes ago, Apple said:

Jury still out I feel.

My personal jury is certainly not still out. Convicted of being full of shit…to the brim.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Happier diner said:

And you honestly think they don't?

Well I didn’t see any evidence of that, it sounded more like Ashford was trying to deny genomic testing serves any purpose whatsoever other than to identify the strain, which is straight from Dr Ewarts book of only following P.H.E guidance and to deny that other benefits may exist.

• Like 1

There may actually be more to come out of course.  There was another interesting Twitter thread from @rachomics a week ago:

image.png.fe92e247b04ffda1200776e70b82a2dd.png

image.png.dcdec494a9a755064498efe116584551.png

An SAR is a Subject Access Request, where a member of the public can ask government "What have you got on me?" and they are obliged to tell.  In this case it clearly revealed all the memos and meetings when they were bitching about her behind her back.  But it also reveals just how intense the opposition to testing was, no matter what they were saying in public.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

There may actually be more to come out of course.  There was another interesting Twitter thread from @rachomics a week ago:

image.png.fe92e247b04ffda1200776e70b82a2dd.png

image.png.dcdec494a9a755064498efe116584551.png

An SAR is a Subject Access Request, where a member of the public can ask government "What have you got on me?" and they are obliged to tell.  In this case it clearly revealed all the memos and meetings when they were bitching about her behind her back.  But it also reveals just how intense the opposition to testing was, no matter what they were saying in public.

It would appear that Dr. Glover is lifting the lid on unpleasantness that IOMG really wouldn’t want made public. There’s seemingly an agenda here that’s already looking most distasteful. And whoever Peter Boxer is, Dr. Glover appears to be closing in on him.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

It would appear that Dr. Glover is lifting the lid on unpleasantness that IOMG really wouldn’t want made public. There’s seemingly an agenda here that’s already looking most distasteful. And whoever Peter Boxer is, Dr. Glover appears to be closing in on him.

image.thumb.png.dbe4f203c127a8f261125f1410acaf8f.png

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

He's a 'career diplomat',  apparently.  

Edited by Gladys
Typo

I'll repeat again what I was told months ago about the DHSC and it upper echelons, everything I read seems to concur that the running of the DHSC was, or indeed is, surrounded by unpleasantness.

Nothing in the current enquiry suggests this is about to change and as usual the service users suffer in the literal sense of the word.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

He's a 'career diplomat',  apparently.  

With a long LinkedIn CV including "strategic financial" and "crisis" management.

It's remarkable how the longer this goes on, the more and more of these previously unheard-of (to most) people crawl out of the Govt woodwork. And we think our friendly local MHKs are the ones running the Island...

• Like 3

I listened to DA's evidence yesterday and I am sure he is after the Nobel peace prize for his expertiise on Genomic's. I do not know why Dr Glover did not just ask DA rather than the do all those years studying as clearly he has learned all there is to know about Genomic's in 15 month's reading paper's on the sublect. I was always told answer a question with as few word's as possible and only answer what is relevant to the question, it would appear the same advice was not given to DA.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2