Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

I refer to my previous answer, why would you report just what he had said without comment if you did not think there was a point to be made. A fair conclusion to be made I would suggest.

Would you post “ Manchester City have been confirmed as winners of this years Premier League” I don’t think so

Your reliance on the power of the emoji troubles me.

Because the previous discussion presumed he would be standing and would have a shot at CM.  I will draw my conclusion if and when he puts his hat in the ring for CM.

I would post something about Man City if previous posts had said they had lost.

Your absence of reason troubles me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think you're confusing what makes a good team member with what they actually want, which is being a 'good team player'.   They see this as being like a member of a sporting team who will always do what the manager wants, not have any ideas of their own, never criticise or put forward their own ideas (or if they do be happy for the boss to take the credit) and be prepared to 'take one for the team'. 

Agreed. I think RG though is astute enough to know what she is getting into. She has shown them to be sadly lacking, inexperienced and outmanoeuvred in my view. 

Some will want to see her get her comeuppance.  They are some that are a bit like that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Apple said:

Can you two just get a room please....?

When someone infers an intention that didn't exist either on the face of my posts, or in fact, I will challenge them.

I will and do post open criticisms and am happy to defend and debate what I have posted. But I am not having someone twisting my posts into something they aren't. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

When someone infers an intention that didn't exist either on the face of my posts, or in fact, I will challenge them.

I will and do post open criticisms and am happy to defend and debate what I have posted. But I am not having someone twisting my posts into something they aren't. 

Absolutely, I don’t think anyone would disagree with that.

14 minutes ago, Apple said:

Some will want to see her get her comeuppance.  They are some that are a bit like that.

Maybe there are some. She has done herself no favours, and ordinarily I would say that an apology would be sufficient. 
But she has been given the opportunity to redeem herself so let’s see how that pans out. Good I hope,so all this nonsense can be put behind us and in time this is all forgotten 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Absolutely, I don’t think anyone would disagree with that.

Apart from you, apparently. 

An apology for inferring a motive and intention that was not in the post would be too much to hope for?

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Apart from you, apparently. 

An apology for inferring a motive and intention that was not in the post would be too much to hope for?

Well I think the motive and intention in the post was there for all to read. So I’m afraid an apology will not be forthcoming 

However  to get things in perspective, life is bigger than Manx Forums and what you and I think about particular issues and post in a forum is not really a big deal in the scheme of things And certainly not worth losing sleep over.

I wish you well x