Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

Just now, KERED said:

Just listened to Ashford, in the Keys.

What an arrogant, smarmy conceited little tw@t!

His words, and the way in which he delivered them are in insult to Dr Glover, Julie Edge, the Keys, and the great Manx Public!

I really hope that he will be voted out, in September.

Yes but most people don't listen to the Keys so they'll vote him in regardless.

• Like 1

The speed of speech changes when DA is answering questions. During the exchange with Julie Edge et al it was. almost difficult to make out what he was saying at times. 

Need for speed cameras in HoK. ?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Apple said:

The speed of speech changes when DA is answering questions. During the exchange with Julie Edge et al it was. almost difficult to make out what he was saying at times. 

Super Slow-Mo ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chris4652009 said:

He's slippery as ........ 

Michael Gove...?

It has been said that getting a straight answer out of the Govester is "Like trying to grab an eel in a barrel full of oil..."

• Like 2

Howard taking questions on the Steam Packet report - what's not to like ? Apologised many times, took several points on the chin. Politics at it's finest. Obfuscation, deviation, misdirection all there on display. But also calmness, patience, stamina and all with a degree of tolerance. Have to admire the man for that.

Ashford - stumbled response to the point by post rebuttal issue re Dr Glover. Sounds rushed, pressured, close to exasperation at times, sounded vey uncomfortable. I still feel he needs a break to recharge his batteries.

Howard is going - the mistakes were made, not just by him as he said, he did his best so I am happy to let him be. Iirc the only support question he got was from Allinson. Suprisingly though nothing from Ashford. Probably did not want to be associated with the report but thats politics I guess. 

No good deed ever goes unrepaid. I think people around DA might need to be aware of that.

8 hours ago, Apple said:

They could get St.Flint of Assisi to set them up.  He's got nothing else to do

Edited by display name

1 hour ago, Apple said:

Howard is going - the mistakes were made, not just by him as he said, he did his best so I am happy to let him be. Iirc the only support question he got was from Allinson. Suprisingly though nothing from Ashford. Probably did not want to be associated with the report but thats politics I guess. 

No good deed ever goes unrepaid. I think people around DA might need to be aware of that.

As has been the case for well over a year, most of Allinson's helpful interventions (you can't really call them questions) are designed to show how much better he would be at the job than Quayle is.  Which is true enough, though it's a fairly minimal qualification.  The interesting thing is that he's the only one to regularly do it - you'd expect more support from Cannan for instance, but  there's nothing really to suggest the latter is anything more than a less bumbling version of Quayle.

But no matter how sincere or comprehensive the apologies are, they're not much use if there's no real evidence that things have changed. This whole episode was a classic example of the Cabinet Office demanding control over everything, not bothering to use it properly, and then trying to blame everyone else for the consequences of their inaction and incompetence.  Nothing has changed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Banker said:

Ashford is painting himself into a corner.  He is floundering and will continue to do so, he is becoming a parody of  his former self.  Credibility totally shot, public senses switched off, classic example of a latter day Icarus.

Edited by Hmmmm
  • Like 1