Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

12 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I sounded like it came from one of the more established DHSC people complaining about this interloper getting all the credit just because she deserved it. 

It sounded like it had been made up about 15 minutes before it was read out

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It seems unlikely.  I sounded like it came from one of the more established DHSC people complaining about this interloper getting all the credit just because she deserved it.  Ranson had only joined DHSC at the start of the year, she haqs probably been dealing with the same "Not one of the gang" attitudes.

Robertshaw was very cagey about the reasons for going private, but made it clear that there were legal issues:

It was a flippant comment.  I suspect the reason is more to do with those things that were not rebutted.  The AG was involved, so if there are legal proceedings it is possible that there may be unhelpful evidence expected. 

ETA Just saw Kipper's comment, oh what a tangled web eh?

Edited by Gladys

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Hahahaha!

He's a slimy lying shitbag completely full of himself incapable of admitting fault.

Prick.

It's a shame he gave those civil servants who'd been working 18 hour days, 7 days a week for over a year a few days off at Easter, otherwise that point-by-point rebuttal due on 06/04 would have been something to behold.

Tosser.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Declan said:

How does it feel to be the Manx Dominic Commings?

I'm definitely not that (eww...Tory and Brexit. I'm not a fan of either)

He was clearly documenting for his future select committee hearings well before COVID was a twinkle in anyone's eye. 

Edited by rachomics

2 hours ago, Kipper99 said:

There’s a constructive unfair dismissal case going on.

Is this a reference to the one starting on the 6th June about the clinical psychologist ?  

5 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Six minutes of panicking and spite from Ashford from yesterday's Keys:

https://www.tynwald.org.im/business/listen/AgainFiles/7863a.mp3

No one in IOM Government ever seems to have heard the phrase "Stop digging".

I think, listening to this Minister Ashford shows he will not be bullied, especially by his juniors. He provided a clear, succinct and satisfactory answer which would be accepted by all reasonable people
Obviously there will be those who wish to make mischief and would do so whatever he said but they should be disregarded as the troublemakers they are.

Good for him for standing up for himself despite all the provocation. Let’s hope more people of a similar ilk put themselves up for election in September.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1