Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

I think, listening to this Minister Ashford shows he will not be bullied, especially by his juniors. He provided a clear, succinct and satisfactory answer which would be accepted by all reasonable people
Obviously there will be those who wish to make mischief and would do so whatever he said but they should be disregarded as the troublemakers they are.

Good for him for standing up for himself despite all the provocation. Let’s hope more people of a similar ilk put themselves up for election in September.

That is a really bizarre take on this. Are you just being contrary for the fun of it?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I think, listening to this Minister Ashford shows he will not be bullied, especially by his juniors. He provided a clear, succinct and satisfactory answer which would be accepted by all reasonable people
Obviously there will be those who wish to make mischief and would do so whatever he said but they should be disregarded as the troublemakers they are.

Good for him for standing up for himself despite all the provocation. Let’s hope more people of a similar ilk put themselves up for election in September.

Hahahahaha you do make me laugh. Dry as fuck, very good.

59 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

So there actually was a letter? 

Of course there was a letter. It was produced at a press briefing, and Dr Glover has ruled out the prospect of it being authored by one particular individual whilst not denying that it existed.

How much more evidence (circumstantial or not) do you need?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Of course there was a letter. It was produced at a press briefing, and Dr Glover has ruled out the prospect of it being authored by one particular individual whilst not denying that it existed.

How much more evidence (circumstantial or not) do you need?

Most believe there was a letter, but we will never know conclusively as its existence was as ephemeral as a mayfly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

‘His juniors’

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

You are the Boy Vampire and I claim my £5!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Unbelievable  take on a mind blowing answer by Ashford. Sorry but its clear to me he's tried to worm out of a mess he alone got himself into. But I guess when he has supporters like you he's going to think he's got away with it . You know , Voice of reason is just that,  and not just a one way ticket to defend the indefensible . The fact he hasnt suppied anything remotely like a full rebuttle  for RG's  claims despite insisting he would says all that needs to be said . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

You are the Boy Vampire and I claim my £5!

If he is not he is someone of very similar personality with no sense of humor.

That could describe 90% of the islands civil servants though...................

The Stepford Wives and Husbands as my other half calls the islands CS 🙂

50 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Most believe there was a letter, but we will never know conclusively as its existence was as ephemeral as a mayfly.

David Ashford produced the letter. Dr Glover more than implied it existed. And yes the author will not claim ownership for good reason.

Given the above the man on the Clapham omnibus would be drawn to the conclusion that there was such a letter. Trying to introduce the slightest element of doubt is disingenuous 

A mayfly’s existence may be ephemeral but would you suggest that they too do not exist?

• Haha 1

Just now, Boris Johnson said:

If he is not he is someone of very similar personality with no sense of humor.

That could describe 90% of the islands civil servants though...................

The Stepford Wives and Husbands as my other half calls the islands CS 🙂

He's clearly , despite denials connected and fighting a losing battle against bad content . Oh well , he is making himself look as twisted as Ashford .

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

David Ashford produced the letter. Dr Glover more than implied it existed. And yes the author will not claim ownership for good reason.

Given the above the man on the Clapham omnibus would be drawn to the conclusion that there was such a letter. Trying to introduce the slightest element of doubt is disingenuous 

A mayfly’s existence may be ephemeral but would you suggest that they too do not exist?

I don't dispute the letter's existence, not many do.  I have my doubts about its provenance and motivation, however. 

• Like 3

When all those years ago I adopted the moniker “The Voice of Reason” it was just a bit of fun, banter if you like. And most forum members took it as such.

Years later I have come to realize, with the current crop of active members on Manx Forums,how apposite my chosen nom de plume has become.

Reasoned debate has been replaced by vitriol, politeness with aggression, and increased use of casual foul/ inappropriate language.

Sadly I guess just a sign of the times.

12 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I don't dispute the letter's existence, not many do.  I have my doubts about its provenance and motivation, however. 

Is precisely the point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1