Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

18 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

David Ashford produced the letter. Dr Glover more than implied it existed. And yes the author will not claim ownership for good reason.

Given the above the man on the Clapham omnibus would be drawn to the conclusion that there was such a letter. Trying to introduce the slightest element of doubt is disingenuous 

A mayfly’s existence may be ephemeral but would you suggest that they too do not exist?

Anyone who invokes the ‘man on the Clapham Omnibus’ is I would think very late middle aged , white , in all probability racist , homophobic , and a bit of a prick. But otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Sadly I guess just a sign of the times.

Sure is, we have never in my entire life had such a useless government and it is just going to get worse as we have somehow ended up with the CS running the island and elected MHKs just being their spokesmen/ women.

Its a right old mess and me gran used to say.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anyone said:

Anyone who invokes the ‘man on the Clapham Omnibus’ is I would think very late middle aged , white , in all probability racist , homophobic , and a bit of a prick. But otherwise. 

Why on earth would you think that?

Could you please provide your reasoning as I regard that as an insult. (I can live with the late middle aged white, bit of a prick thing but not the other characteristics)

Edited by The Voice of Reason

21 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Shall we call it open minded?

You need to apply some critical reasoning rather than accept what authority figures tell you at face value. That is not to always disagree, but to apply your own mind to these things. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

You need to apply some critical reasoning rather than accept what authority figures tell you at face value. That is not to always disagree, but to apply your own mind to these things. 

Steady on now Gladioli,don't you go around accusing some of us of having a mind at all,never mind whether it's our own.  Sheesh!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I have no such doubts 

Even if you have no doubts about the veracity of letter, you have to admit his conduct in the matter is pretty reprehensible. 

He's minster for health. He get's a letter alleging poor moral within his department. His response is to read it out at a press conference to score some minor point in his dispute with a scientist that has been working with his department. Then the letter having "served its purpose" he shreds it and blames GDPR. Is that HR best practice?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I thought the Government were moving out of the, afraid of the light of day method of governance. This administration latterly has moved the clock backwards in terms of operating with the light shining on everything they do. People who seek to hide from public scrutiny are unfit for public office.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1