Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Jesus, Joseph and Mary, and the wee donkey!

So, he won't speculate (Minister, you should know), it is his belief (Minister, you should know) and will not divulge the nature of the advice (same source as the adviser that decided there were no grounds for criminal action against SP crew?). 

WTF is going on? 

Someone posted earlier on in this thread what is happening and given how much she earns any slip up by Ashford may prove very costly. Unless of course an NDA is about to be signed.

16 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Someone posted earlier on in this thread what is happening and given how much she earns any slip up by Ashford may prove very costly. Unless of course an NDA is about to be signed.

Did they?  There were vague allusions to a constructive dismissal matter.  Hmm. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Moulton is like a one man press corp. It must be lonely being a journalist on the IOM. 

There are very lucrative green pastures for ex-news hacks in Cabinet Office Communications. We don't want to be jeopardising that...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

It most certainly is.  Also, very evasive on Dr Ranson's non-appearance at the press briefings.  It would seem that the Medical Director of the IOM had nothing to bring. 

Hmm, that tangled web is still tangling.

There's something lurking in the Ransom/DHSC attic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Apart from the awfulness of the content, what on earth is going on with these two? Are they mates or what or do they just want us to think they are mates? it felt weird. 

Paul Moultin has an amazing interview session with our Minister for health. It’s an opportunity for him to use his best interviewing techniques to hold Ashford to account, but instead it came down to elbow digging, big grins and “Oh go on, you know you want to tell me!

Could you imagine this shite on Radio 4’s Today program?

Ours is pantomime. Literally. 

At the start of the video watch Ashford's knuckles he's not happy. If it was a cartoon he would have a thundercloud drawn over his head. 

It almost looks like he's trying to intimidate Moulton. Which is probably why Moulton is laughing.

There is an element of Punch and Judy about Moulton's interviews with Ashford. It's an unusual 'apologetic' style that I've never seen anywhere else. He tries to tickle answers out rather than ask them. It's like watching two glove-puppets and Ashford always looks like he's about to whack him down with a toy truncheon. That's the way to do it... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 5/29/2021 at 8:59 PM, slinkydevil said:

Here you go:

Islandlife.im is a trading name of Isle of Man Advertising & PR Limited

which if you look at their website is full of images of government ministers. Bingo! 

I wonder if Moulton knows his salary is coming from the pocket of ministers attempting to get good PR? 

Edited by yindyssagh

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Paul Moultin has an amazing interview session with our Minister for health. It’s an opportunity for him to use his best interviewing techniques to hold Ashford to account, but instead it came down to elbow digging, big grins and “Oh go on, you know you want to tell me!

PM I think already knows. All he has to do is ask staff at the hospital as most from what I heard of them seem to know.

His body language suggests that to me. He looks almost embarrassed to ask any 'real' questions. 

I had thought PM had integrity. It seems I was incorrect.

He should have been asking why the Duty of Candour was now in ruins and whatever happened to transparency and honesty. He could also ask why the public should have any confidence in DA or DHSC when he won't be open and honest with them.

What has PM got to lose I wonder ?

• Like 6