Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

You're missing recall of Sid's posts of some years. He rarely has a good word for any high profile Woman. yet there seems little justification for his opinion.

I bet he doesn't even like the new, Church appointed, High Priestess? This is just Sid, mild rebuke when it gets to be too much but nothing vitriolic.

It's rather like the mere mention of Rob Collister brings the Hornets out of the woodwork! Must be the pheromones reaching their keyboards!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I'm sticking up for you. I'm not sure why you are being accused of sexism just because you used the term 'she'. She is a 'she'. 

There's a repeated pattern of aggressive, dismissive language towards high profile women that isn't used towards their male equivalents.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Declan said:

There's a repeated pattern of aggressive, dismissive language towards high profile women that isn't used towards their male equivalents.

if only these women knew their place eh ??    

typed sarcastically to highlight the attitude of the dinosaurs.

3 hours ago, code99 said:

IMHO, what you have said is nothing but a horribly offensive misogynistic tirade.

I am still trying to work out why she should crawl back under her stone.  When she came out from under the stone she set up the island testing facility.  What we don't know it what happened subsequently to trigger the animosity. Seeing some of the other doctor's allegations, it does seem that being outside of the DHSC clique is not a nice place to be.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Declan said:

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

You're missing recall of Sid's posts of some years. He rarely has a good word for any high profile Woman. yet there seems little justification for his opinion.

I bet he doesn't even like the new, Church appointed, High Priestess? This is just Sid, mild rebuke when it gets to be too much but nothing vitriolic.

It's rather like the mere mention of Rob Collister brings the Hornets out of the woodwork! Must be the pheromones reaching their keyboards!!!

Fair enough. I'll take your word for it. I was only looking at that post in isolation. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Declan said:

I wouldn't say that really, some MF'ers don't seem to worry who they offend, although women seem to be an easy target for a minority! 

4 hours ago, Gladys said:

I am still trying to work out why she should crawl back under her stone.  When she came out from under the stone she set up the island testing facility.  What we don't know it what happened subsequently to trigger the animosity. Seeing some of the other doctor's allegations, it does seem that being outside of the DHSC clique is not a nice place to be.

Who is the DHSC clique though, given that there seems to be such a high turnover at the senior mgt team level?

If the senior team was a constant I could better understand. Or is it typical behaviour of CS leaders 🤔

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

Agreed you need to look at the consistent quiet cast members not the revolving circus happening around them. They’ll be the real problem. The rest is a distraction.

This might be the most insightful thing you’ve ever written on this forum. 

9 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s been very clear for quite some time what the problem is. Like many aspects of government problems seem to survive several political terms and changes of Tynwald or COMIN. Because they’re not caused by politicians. They’re caused by entrenched non elected bullies that the system isn’t actually hard enough to deal with. 

And accepting, uninquiring and vain politicians?

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

And accepting politicians?

Powerless politicians. Powerless in the face of the bloc of public servants and its system designed to preserve and protect those public servants. With nothing "servant - ile" about them.

Edited by Non-Believer
typo
  • Like 6