Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

1 minute ago, Davos said:

She’s just a stupid mental old bat who should probably just fuck off and find something more constructive to do than posting attention seeking inflammatory shite on Twitter. Same with the other bell-end but at least he’s left the IOM. 

Calm down David

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davos said:

She’s just a stupid mental old bat who should probably just fuck off and find something more constructive to do than posting attention seeking inflammatory shite on Twitter. Same with the other bell-end but at least he’s left the IOM. 

Which bell-end is that?  We have so many to choose from. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

She is a professional who called out a load of assholes in the CS and "political" class on the island.

The "establishment", which makes me laugh for a collective name as they are a bunch of inbreeds, has tried to make her look like an unhinged "Woman" for some reason picking on her sex.

The boy vampire who has about as much business experience as my Labradoodle, and is much less attractive,  has been, along with his followers particularly nasty to her.

Leaving all other aspects of this aside when  has her sex ever been picked on or made an issue?

You say  “ the boy vampire” ( I presume you mean David Ashford) and his followers have been particularly nasty to her and has about as much business experience as your Labradoodle, and is much less attractive has been particularly nasty to her.

Well if that final paragraph is not particularly nasty itself I don’t know what is.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Leaving all other aspects of this aside when  has her sex ever been picked on or made an issue?

Never. Everyone who expresses a contrary opinion is a sexist troll apparently. It does seem that this forum is going very woke. People might not be able to express a real opinion on anything soon. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roxanne said:

She was a victim. A victim of a nasty smear campaign. When victims are in the middle of it and feel unheard, many of them try to explain and explain hoping someone will ‘see’ them. It’s exactly how their abusers want them to behave. It’s so they can say, look, I told you she/ he was bat shit crazy. Most people could see what was going on, but I get that you were not one of them. It takes insight. 

Rox 

Yes there are victims of smear campaigns and it’s right that they should be supported.

But  I don’t feel that Dr Glover  falls  into that category and that your “insight” is wrong on this occasion.
If anything Dr G is a smearer with all her Twitter pronouncements.

She is not a victim of anything. She is not stupid. Over emotional perhaps but clearly believes she is in the right when perhaps her judgement is clouded.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Rox 

Yes there are victims of smear campaigns and it’s right that they should be supported.

But  I don’t feel that Dr Glover  falls  into that category and that your “insight” is wrong on this occasion.
If anything Dr G is a smearer with all her Twitter pronouncements.

She is not a victim of anything. She is not stupid. Over emotional perhaps but clearly believes she is in the right when perhaps her judgement is clouded.

Her judgement is clouded by? Being trolled on here? Remember necromancy was performed on this thread after it had been dead for five months because @Newsdesk wanted to say this about her "Talk about bitter and twisted .." <-- that is trolling

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Because men get called "a stupid mental old bat" all the time, right?

(Obviously Ashford gets accused of being a bat sometimes.  But only after sunset).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Her judgement is clouded by? Being trolled on here? Remember necromancy was performed on this thread after it had been dead for five months because @Newsdesk wanted to say this about her "Talk about bitter and twisted .." <-- that is trolling

It’s not trolling to be fair. It’s an opinion. I know that expressing genuine opinions are unpopular these days but it is simply that. It’s a very sad day when people can’t express an opinion on a debating forum. It comes across as bitter and twisted … discuss …

7 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

It’s not trolling to be fair. It’s an opinion. I know that expressing genuine opinions are unpopular these days but it is simply that. It’s a very sad day when people can’t express an opinion on a debating forum. It comes across as bitter and twisted … discuss …

from the Cambridge online dictionary

"informal

to intentionally do or say something annoying or offensive in order to upset someone, or to get attention or cause trouble"

10 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

Talk about bitter and twisted ..

You intentionally said this: most likely to get attention; probably to upset her; and you have definitely caused trouble.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

"informal

to intentionally do or say something annoying or offensive in order to upset someone, or to get attention or cause trouble"

You intentionally said this: most likely to get attention; probably to upset her; and you have definitely caused trouble.

I’m not seeking to attract attention or cause trouble. Neither have I been deliberately annoying or offensive. But disagreeing with someone has never been trolling in my book. It does seem to appear that the wokes have taken over on here. You can’t apparently express an opinion on anything without being accused of being a troll. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

"informal

Yes but to get out of addressing difficult questions some just say “ you are just trolling”

PK uses that a lot. Doesn’t seem to realize that people see through that

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

I’m not seeking to attract attention or cause trouble. Neither have I been deliberately annoying or offensive. But disagreeing with someone has never been trolling in my book. It does seem to appear that the wokes have taken over on here. You can’t apparently express an opinion on anything without being accused of being a troll. 

...and yet you have. I suppose it's just a serendipitous coincidence that both attention and trouble followed your ill phrased post. 

It's not "wokes" that are the problem it's bitter and twisted trolls trying to pull people down under their miserable little dank bridges. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ham_N_Eggs said:

...and yet you have. I suppose it's just a serendipitous coincidence that both attention and trouble followed your ill phrased post. 

Isn’t this a forum for debate? I found her original Twitter post amusing. I re-posted it here to see what others thought of it. Other people created or delivered the real trouble. It had nothing to do with me. In fact another poster seems to have got blasted for posts I made. It shouldn’t have been that hard to keep up.