Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

4 minutes ago, rachomics said:

I find the playground bitching entertaining. We all have to find our kicks somewhere to relieve the stress and I find Manx Forums a great form of satire. Otherwise, why would I post here under something so identifiable?

He isn't pushed out each week. There are a whole host of professionals he could be bringing forward to talk to the nation (Dr. Khan and Dr. Ewart jump immediately to mind) but he chooses to do this himself. The press have been asking for the professionals for months now and he keeps putting himself out there instead. That speaks volumes. Just remember that he isn't a Dr (scientific or medical) and is educated by Dr. Google and his (fragile) ego. 

Not well? I think you're giving him too much credit. A problem with his knee is really not a systemic "so ill but he's just about coping" issue. 

Unprofessional. 
Could you ever imagine Mr Wright or Dr Khan swapping insults with politicians? Correct. No they wouldn’t. 
Why do you. ? Is it just a bit of fun or do you expect to be taken seriously ? 
I stuck up for you many months ago when posters were deriding you and questioning your qualifications. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, rachomics said:

He isn't pushed out each week. There are a whole host of professionals he could be bringing forward to talk to the nation (Dr. Khan and Dr. Ewart jump immediately to mind) but he chooses to do this himself. The press have been asking for the professionals for months now and he keeps putting himself out there instead. That speaks volumes. Just remember that he isn't a Dr (scientific or medical) and is educated by Dr. Google and his (fragile) ego. 

To be fair to Ashford, if he wasn't there there wouldn't be any excuse for Quayle to make an appearance.  So it may be the latter's ego that is driving this and his belief that the politicians have to be seen to be in charge.  And Ashford's always happiest as someone else's mini-me.

And he must be feeling unloved.  He can't have received a single e-mail this week, as he informed us last week that if he did he was morally obliged to read it out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Unprofessional. 
Could you ever imagine Mr Wright or Dr Khan swapping insults with politicians? Correct. No they wouldn’t. 
Why do you. ? Is it just a bit of fun or do you expect to be taken seriously ? 
I stuck up for you many months ago when posters were deriding you and questioning your qualifications. 

You're entitled to your view. Would it surprise you if I told you that many professionals at the hospital support my views? They will lose their jobs if they speak out publicly. I don't have to worry about that. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rachomics said:

Not well? I think you're giving him too much credit. A problem with his knee is really not a systemic "so ill but he's just about coping" issue. 

There is more to it than that I understand but of course that is his own private matter, and I respect that.

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Could you ever imagine Mr Wright or Dr Khan swapping insults with politicians?

I don't think this is about swapping insults. Maybe Mr Wright and others in nobles should be emboldened by Dr Glovers stance and actually comment collectively on the problems up there. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians certainly, and there are a lot more concerns ongoing.

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

There are a whole host of professionals he could be bringing forward to talk to the nation (Dr. Khan and Dr. Ewart jump immediately to mind) but he chooses to do this himself. The press have been asking for the professionals for months now and he keeps putting himself out there instead. That speaks volumes.

true, and some have been put in that position and it has not been appropriate - infections control nurse and mental health interim lead iirc. I would like to see the CEO, or the COO or Dr Ewart on her own and Medial Director give a press conference. That would change the dynamics of both the questions and answers and would be far more productive. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Unprofessional. 

But Wright and Khan are both:

(a) employed by the DHSC and there are rules against speaking out against your employer (not to mention all sorts of practical considerations) and 

(b) medical doctors who can be subject to often vexatious complaints to the BMA which, even if groundless take up time and energy.

So they have to be more circumspect about what they say in public

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But Wright and Khan are both:

(a) employed by the DHSC and there are rules against speaking out against your employer (not to mention all sorts of practical considerations) and 

(b) medical doctors who can be subject to often vexatious complaints to the BMA which, even if groundless take up time and energy.

So they have to be more circumspect about what they say in public

From my outside point of view, Dr G is not being very professional and losing respect. Mr W and Dr Khan are professionals and acting accordingly by not joining  this spat . Only my view . That was my comparison. 
Not saying they are involved, just using them as professional bods who act accordingly.

• Haha 1

Dr. Khan isn't on Manx Forums (as far as I know). I can't speak for @wrighty (and nor can @scotty). However, as far as I am concerned, I am perfectly entitled to answer however I like on a thread that has my name in the title. If you don't like the way I reply, feel free to go and find another thread to comment on. 

Edited by rachomics
typo
  • Like 14

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

From my outside point of view, Dr G is not being very professional and losing respect.

It is a feature of any health professional to report reveal poor and or unsafe practices regardless of employment stautus. That is the whole point. The issues that Dr Glover has highlighted by her stance have been obvious to most people in health care for a longtime. There are been serious management problems and some of these are detrimental to peoples well being - what part of this is not understood? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, rachomics said:

You're entitled to your view. Would it surprise you if I told you that many professionals at the hospital support my views? They will lose their jobs if they speak out publicly. I don't have to worry about that. 

Scotty isn’t that good at giving character references sadly. It could have been worse. You could have been a “lovable rogue” 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Apple said:

It is a feature of any health professional to report reveal poor and or unsafe practices regardless of employment stautus. That is the whole point. The issues that Dr Glover has highlighted by her stance have been obvious to most people in health care for a longtime. There are been serious management problems and some of these are detrimental to peoples well being - what part of this is not understood? 

What has any of that got to do with the spat?

1 minute ago, rachomics said:

Absolutely frigging everything. The Government and DHSC not listening to us scientists and medics is the ENTIRE reason I put on the flack jacket and stuck my head above the parapet. Keep up. 

Which medics are not being listened to ? The ones I know are involved wouldn’t stand by and say nothing. 

16 minutes ago, rachomics said:

I am perfectly entitled to answer however I like on a thread that has my name in the title. If you don't like the way I reply, feel free to go and find another thread to comment on. 

in the interests of fairness - he's perfectly entitled to tell you he doesn't like the way you answer

and you are entitled to ignore him

and so on and so forth

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1