Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

11 minutes ago, Gladys said:

TBH, I don't understand it; what is the picture of someone sunbathing got to do with it? It's not the best satire I have seen. 

It would have been better with just the main picture. Dunno who drew it, but at least someone is having a go at taking the piss out of the ridiculousness of the situation.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Gladys said:

TBH, I don't understand it; what is the picture of someone sunbathing got to do with it? It's not the best satire I have seen. 

it's the doctor on holiday having resigned?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

The Hansard for Edge's Keys Urgent Question on Tuesday[1] If [the Chief Minister] will make a statement on the resignation of Dr Rachel Glover from the Department for Health and Social Care? is worth reading if only to confirm the characteristic mixture of spit and incompetence with which Quayle is dealing with the topic[2].

This exchange was particularly telling:

Mr Robertshaw:  Would the Chief Minister simply take this opportunity presented this morning to him to give particular named praise to the doctor who has provided such exceptional service to the Island and has resulted in a first-class, gold-standard provision?

Would he like to particularly and personally address that matter, rather than a generality?

The Chief Minister: I have always said, I do not know the doctor in question, I think we have met once at an awards ceremony, other than that I cannot comment on them.

But I am told they have done a fantastic job and I am more than happy to confirm that to this Hon. Court. But I think we fall into a trap, Hon. Members, that there are 56 people doing a similar job helping day to day. So, yes, an individual has done a good job, I have got no doubt about that, we have had that reassured by the Health Minister, who does know the hon. doctor and has clearly  stated that they have done a good job. I have no doubt that that is the situation and they have done a good job. 

So I am more than happy with that. Thank you.

Which is about as grudging and graceless as you can get.  Interesting that he can't even bring himself to refer to @rachomics by name or even as 'she'.

Ashford did make much more of an effort to thank her both for her work and the presentation she gave the previous week.  So it looks as if he at least realises the mess they are in here and most of the hostility is coming from Quayle and those in the civil service he listens to.

[1]  As ever with temporary Hansards if that has vanished due to a later version being produced, you will need to go the Recent Hansard page and look for the latest version of the Keys for 3 November, starting page 5.

[2]  Edge replied by saying "I thank the Chief Minister for that minimum response", which was bitchy but accurate.

‘Grudging and Graceless’ is the music hall act otherwise known as Quayle and Ashford.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhumsaa said:

it's the doctor on holiday having resigned?

I wish. I'm getting caught up on all the back-logged genetic testing at my lab. I like the thought of sitting on a beach with a cocktail though. Someday!

4 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Bloody hilarious.

i hope @rachomicsframes it.

I absolutely am going to frame it. I've already sent it to a few of the microbiologists at the path lab.

Seriously though, does anyone know who the artist is? I'd love to get an inked original to go with my hippopottymouth

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rachomics said:

I wish. I'm getting caught up on all the back-logged genetic testing at my lab. I like the thought of sitting on a beach with a cocktail though. Someday!

Port Erin is available now, might be a bit nippy though

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/8/2020 at 4:01 PM, Uhtred said:

Grudging and Graceless’ is the music hall act otherwise known as Quayle and Ashford.

They can not afford anyone to share the spotlight. Gongs and knighthoods at stake.

• Like 1

Thanks @rachomics , you clearly articulated what many of us were thinking. Namely: Scientist calls for second-week testing for isolating households Thanks also to press for facilitating open exchange of ideas. Are people putting numbers to risk of intra-household transmission? Is the "Medical Advisor Group" doing this? Communicating risk is bit tricky due to psychological bias, widespread mathematical anxiety and fact few seem to appreciate the implication of law of large numbers.

Edited by BenFairfax
typo
  • Confused 1

On 11/11/2020 at 6:21 AM, asitis said:

Quayle and Ashford are not faring well on the subject of "redacted" reports on the manx news site !

With the constant barrage of failure under this administration 2021 can't come soon enough !!!

But not much will change going from past experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Lol :D

https://michaeljosem.com/iom-health-minister-claims-to-have-destroyed-his-anonymous-letter/

The Department of Health and Social Care (the ‘Department’) can confirm that the Minister received the letter you refer on Thursday 29th October 2020. The letter was posted to Minister at his home address. When Minister receives any personal correspondence of this nature, to his home address, it is usual practice that this is destroyed…

The Department can confirm that post briefing the original letter was destroyed by the Minister so therefore not held as defined under section 8(2) of the Freedom of Information Act (the ‘Act’) by the Minister and/or the Department..

• Haha 3