Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Turn the other cheek ?

Absolutely not. There's a pretty good chance that over the next few months our government is going to ask us, or even order us, to stay at home again. I can't take take something like that seriously from someone who has behaved like that. It's our fucking LIVES that are being messed with, for what? Pathetic ego?

Ashford MBE can, as I pointed out in the other thread, fuck off.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Absolutely not. There's a pretty good chance that over the next few months our government is going to ask us, or even order us, to stay at home again. I can't take take something like that seriously from someone who has behaved like that. It's our fucking LIVES that are being messed with, for what? Pathetic ego?

Ashford MBE can, as I pointed out in the other thread, fuck off.

Not accurate to or fair and you know it.

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Not accurate to or fair and you know it.

What?

Even if you take the position that the letter was genuine the decision to read it out was stupid. It was pathetic point scoring for no benefit and has massively backfired. It was an astonishingly dumb thing to do and has lost him ALL his credit.

As Ive gone on about at length the key to getting through a pandemic is honest and open government, you have to have the confidence of the people you are asking to make sacrifices. The Quayle and Ashford show has lost it in my and many others eyes through their shifty defensiveness. 

That you refuse to see it is your own problem.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

What?

Even if you take the position that the letter was genuine the decision to read it out was stupid. It was pathetic point scoring for no benefit and has massively backfired. It was an astonishingly dumb thing to do and has lost him ALL his credit.

As Ive gone on about at length the key to getting through a pandemic is honest and open government, you have to have the confidence of the people you are asking to make sacrifices. The Quayle and Ashford show has lost it in my and many others eyes through their shifty defensiveness. 

That you refuse to see it is your own problem.

I’m actually rather satisfied that matters have taken the turn that they have. Perhaps now an ever wider cross section of the great Manx public will see Quayle and Ashford for what they really are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

I’m actually rather satisfied that matters have taken the turn that they have. Perhaps now an ever wider cross section of the great Manx public will see Quayle and Ashford for what they really are.

Well, you would think so, but the Ashy fan club is alive and defending on FB.

It is very disappointing, and worrying to be frank.  In the early days, they performed well, barring some stilted presentation, but since the Dr Glover debacle, their credibility has plummeted with a definite whiff of obfuscation.  The question is why?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Well, you would think so, but the Ashy fan club is alive and defending on FB.

It is very disappointing, and worrying to be frank.  In the early days, they performed well, barring some stilted presentation, but since the Dr Glover debacle, their credibility has plummeted with a definite whiff of obfuscation.  The question is why?

Because they’re disreputable, mendacious, third-rate politicians? As for the Ashy fan club, 70 million people voted for Trump so it appears laughably easy to find a clutch of credulous dupes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1