Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

18 minutes ago, jaymann said:

I can't help but feel you're a little easily touched by the topic.

If an employee of mine sent me a letter to my home address (not that they would) saying they didn't think I gave them the right level of credit for the work they do, I'd be recording that. Just saying.

The letter was not sent by an employee of David’s.

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Dear me, you think you are superior, don’t you ? 
The CM is Howard Quayle

The minister is David Ashford

Roger Mexico is who ? Carry on being the “Oracle.”

Sorry er Scotty but Rogers iq is about ten times of all these clowns put together!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, jaymann said:

If an employee of mine sent me a letter to my home address (not that they would) saying they didn't think I gave them the right level of credit for the work they do, I'd be recording that. Just saying.

Yep.

You can bet your bottom dollar that if for some reason the letter was needed by the Minister, it would suddenly reappear (unshred itself, dog regurgitate it, ashes reconstituted, or simply lifted from the back of the bottom drawer)

• Like 1

Anybody with any understanding of how things work in Government, or for that matter, anybody with any ability at all to think coherently, would be able to recognise that Ashford's whole approach to this, from the reading out of the "letter" to the apparent destruction of the "letter" lacks judgement, credibility or integrity. That is not in question. The question is "what can anybody do about it"? The answer to that, before the next election, is probably nothing. This is precisely why HQ, DA and the people behind this episode are content to present at so-called Briefings explanations and stories that are incredulous.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Yep.

You can bet your bottom dollar that if for some reason the letter was needed by the Minister, it would suddenly reappear (unshred itself, dog regurgitate it, ashes reconstituted, or simply lifted from the back of the bottom drawer)

What a sad post. That is on file now ffs

1 minute ago, finlo said:

No, but he's got the measure of all these slimey fuckers!

Finlo, this site is here for comedy value and has no place in reality. 
why don’t people realize this. ? Does anyone really think anyone gives a fuck what is said in here ?. 
Sadly it is getting more like  Facebook.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

What a sad post. That is on file now ffs

Our work destroys nothing unless absolutely essential for space. Project files well and truly complete and near 20 years old might get binned although we consider scanning first.

No one who is business or worldly savvy destroys anything. CERTAINLY not something a few days old and CERTAINLY not when used in a briefing.

The epsiode is incredulous

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Lawyers,if it suits them, are quick to say that anything over 6 years can be destroyed. I find that ridiculous as we are often retrieving files far older than that. The tax office, for example can go back 20 years if they feel it is justified.

But a couple of days....nahhh!!!

I think Ashie has let the ego go to his head:

A. For using the 'letter' in the first place and

B. For using the 'destroyed' excuse

All unbelievable. 'Lettergate' - what a cracking word!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some of the language is very politician-like “a testing regime that is second to none” ...”the envy of many countries”.  Is that nebulous unprovable assertion the sort of phrasing a scientist would use? One whose job is all about precision and evidence?  

Also I’m not clear what point he was making in reading that letter in answer to the question “What is your reaction to Dr Glover’s resignation and why do you think it’s reached that point?”

• Like 2