Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

7 minutes ago, Apple said:

I have no leaning towards the CM (who is now out of his depth with this crisis) but I think there is little evidence of this. He speaks well in Tynwald, although mostly avoiding the subject agreed and certainly uses obfuscation to muddy the waters as much as he can. He does not have much overt support in there sometimes.

With regards to Dr Glover he avoided as much comment as reasonably possible and maybe left the door open for further negotiations. I hope that was the case. 

An element of truth there and not just for politicians. The island has had to grow up fast to deal with some of the impact of Covid in that we are very much part of the global community. We have been asleep for too long. We are at the end of a long line of the pecking order and will stay there until we all put our heads above the parapet. Until and unless we do, people will go elsewhere.

People are not going elsewhere they are coming here in droves

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

Haven’t you seen him in his twat hat and stick?

Of course he hates clever women.

Twat hat?

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Woman, know your limits! 

Goddamn it, I know I should be in the kitchen, but I'm just better at cooking DNA than I am at cooking biscuits. 

9 minutes ago, Apple said:

I have no leaning towards the CM (who is now out of his depth with this crisis) but I think there is little evidence of this. He speaks well in Tynwald, although mostly avoiding the subject agreed and certainly uses obfuscation to muddy the waters as much as he can. He does not have much overt support in there sometimes.

With regards to Dr Glover he avoided as much comment as reasonably possible and maybe left the door open for further negotiations. I hope that was the case. 

An element of truth there and not just for politicians. The island has had to grow up fast to deal with some of the impact of Covid in that we are very much part of the global community. We have been asleep for too long. We are at the end of a long line of the pecking order and will stay there until we all put our heads above the parapet. Until and unless we do, people will go elsewhere.

My impression of Howard from the one time I've met him (UCM awards ceremony a few weeks ago) and the briefings is that he's rather superior and clearly thinks he's better than everyone else. He hasn't left the door open for negotiations, he's not interested in the negotiations, he believes they're beneath him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

People are not going elsewhere they are coming here in droves

Not according  to everyone. However, coming here and staying here are two different things. We shall see.

4 minutes ago, rachomics said:

Goddamn it, I know I should be in the kitchen, but I'm just better at cooking DNA than I am at cooking biscuits. 

We are the winners for that decision -  biscuits are not healthy anyway. 😀

5 minutes ago, rachomics said:

He hasn't left the door open for negotiations, he's not interested in the negotiations, he believes they're beneath him. 

I am sorry to hear that as I was looking forward to your return. Actually, hoping for it. I think that the CM and unnamed others have let DA take the fall. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, rachomics said:

Yes, but you are just on a flight of fancy and the time will soon come when you wish you hadn't filled your silly head with all these misconceptions and had honed your domestic skills.  Mark my word!

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, rachomics said:

My impression of Howard from the one time I've met him (UCM awards ceremony a few weeks ago) and the briefings is that he's rather superior and clearly thinks he's better than everyone else. He hasn't left the door open for negotiations, he's not interested in the negotiations, he believes they're beneath him. 

This confirms the views of many others. Like many people who in reality have little to commend them, Quayle considers himself to be really rather special and quite wonderful.

And he’s a raging misogynist.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

After posts and posts supporting the Govt stance on this matter, you have a go at MRs Quayle !!!

Have you not heard about the power of Carrie Symonds?

What is the dole paying these days ???:P

Clown face, my working life started in 1971. Never claimed a penny in benefits. Worked 84 hour weeks for a number of years too, but don’t let that get in the way of a cheap uneducated guess about me.  Next.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rachomics said:

Twat hat?

Strange behaviour . Pompous etc.     

For clarity comment was about HQ

2 hours ago, rachomics said:

oddamn it, I know I should be in the kitchen, but I'm just better at cooking DNA than I am at cooking biscuits. 

Dear, there is more to getting a Good Man as your Husband than biscuits? Have you tried a good winter warming stew, a Bonnag or a Queenies and potatoes Estoufade?

A good Man will soon turn you from your scientific nonsense to a Good Wife, to serve your Husband as his requirements. please stop this argumentative nonsenese and accept a life of servitude to a good man who will tolerate your quirks!

• Confused 1

Stepford

Didn't that lass at Manx Radio go through the process? She used to take no nonsense when interviewing the politicians etc.

Then her husband got a top civil servant job, and all she does now is talk about scones and the kiddies

Edited by Barlow