Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

And we should be glad, not mocking her. I was stupid once about her, but have been educated to my shame. Give her her due.

Indeed, the sort of person who makes a real contribution not someone in coat tails poncing about on the hill going look at me.

• Like 9

I note the letter could not have been a personal letter, even though it was sent to Mr Ashford's home.

It was from an employee and started off "Dear Minister".

Not "Dear David" or even "Dear Mr Ashford".

Edited by Barlow

13 minutes ago, Barlow said:

I note the letter could not have been a personal letter, even though it was sent to Mr Ashford's home.

It was from an employee and started off "Dear Minister".

Not "Dr David" or even "Dear Mr Ashford".

Juan was very poor on Moulton show yesterday. Pandering to Ashford at every opportunity.

I personally agree that this wasn't a letter from a constituent (although they may have been). It was a letter from a DHSC employee to their Minister of said department. It is therefore very different and I still believe that such letter - being a grievance - should be recorded against a personnel record.

That doesn't mean the FOI Josem submitted would produce anything else. But the destruction still seems highly inappropriate to me. I don't agree that its the media trying to make something out of nothing.

Edited by jaymann
  • Like 3

One thing that the FOI request brought out was that the letter was destroyed. David Ashford is wondering why anyone would want to see a redacted letter which he said was read out in full.

Well, did he read it out in full? We don't know. And it could have been useful to see the letter, even in a redacted form. For example, we are told that Ashie received it the day before - but when was it dated?

The government advisor/s who backed this move needs their arses kicking severely. Although considering all the flack, I imagine Ashie will be doing that anyway, but I doubt he will ever be able to gain back his adulated reputation.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

Furthermore, I do not believe the whole letter was read out, or rather broadcast.

If you watch the relevant part of the briefing, when questions start (click below) you will not that there is a cut/freeze in transmission for about 30 seconds in total. (at about 19:46) and a little further along there is another cut. 

So there are sections of the reading out of this letter that were not broadcast. 

So - another very good reason to ask to see the letter, or for that matter, just the text of the body.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1