Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

12 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Have you compared that to the segment that Moulton has on his YouTube (it was his question after all)?  Presumably he records it separately.

Thanks.

It does appear to be recorded separately although Paul Moulton's recording is more complete it has it's own blank bits - eg go to 2:22. It's only a couple of seconds, but the principle remains.

9 minutes ago, PaulJ said:

No no no,pompous or egotistical is much more accurate.

8 minutes ago, PaulJ said:

Fat girl with a nice face?  

Whatever is going on in your life that makes you so nasty towards people online, I truly hope you're getting some help for it, or a friend asks if you're OK. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I looked up misogynist for you. I suspect you're too thick to know what it means. 

Looks pretty accurate to me: a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women.

I rather like your use of "too thick" and then proceed to generalise on who I may like,or dislike,based purely on an assumption that because I don't agree with everything Rachael might say or publish,does not mean I have a hatred for her or any other woman for that matter,nor do I state that I don't believe in her work. I do however feel she'd be best served by being magnanimous about her achievements and carry on. 

24 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Also the FoI reply now contains a transcription of the letter (with a few inaudible bits), so it would be interesting to compare it to reality.  It's on the FoI Search with the title "Anonymous letter from press conference 30 October 2020" and submission date of 02/11/20 as a separate file: Letter to Minister - Transcription.pdf.pdf.

The FOI detail is simply a (more-or-less) transcript of the government broadcast, with two gaps where there was a cut/freeze in the IoM Gov broadcast. Paul Moulton's recording does have the first gap - the first lost word after "highly" is "insulting". 

Both PM's and IoM Gov's broadcast have the same gap (second gap in IoM Gov) recording.

So to be charitable, maybe it's no big deal, but there is the same gap in the recordings. What was missing? We may never know.

Was there a Post Script?

Did Ashie read the words out as written?

Did he miss anything out?

Did he add anything, albeit unintentionally?

etc.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PaulJ said:

I do believe that isn't the case at all,but enlighten me

I don't know you at all but most people who spout a lot of spite and vitriol online like the kind you are doing here are not very happy people. I would recommend an appointment with your GP to discuss further. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barlow said:

The FOI detail is simply a (more-or-less) transcript of the government broadcast, with two gaps where there was a cut/freeze in the IoM Gov broadcast. Paul Moulton's recording does have the first gap - the first lost word after "highly" is "insulting". 

Both PM's and IoM Gov's broadcast have the same gap (second gap in IoM Gov) recording.

So to be charitable, maybe it's no big deal, but there is the same gap in the recordings. What was missing? We may never know.

Was there a Post Script?

Did Ashie read the words out as written?

Did he miss anything out?

Did he add anything, albeit unintentionally?

etc.

This was my concern. Right now, there is no way to know whether he was reading from a blank piece of paper or not. 

Just now, rachomics said:

I don't know you at all but most people who spout a lot of spite and vitriol online like the kind you are doing here are not very happy people. I would recommend an appointment with your GP to discuss further. 

Quite content thank you,no appointment neccessary. 

1 minute ago, PaulJ said:

I do however feel she'd be best served by being magnanimous about her achievements and carry on. 

May I suggest then that that is what gets posted and leave it at that. Personal criticism rarely achieves anything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulJ said:

I rather like your use of "too thick" and then proceed to generalise on who I may like,or dislike,based purely on an assumption that because I don't agree with everything Rachael might say or publish,does not mean I have a hatred for her or any other woman for that matter,nor do I state that I don't believe in her work. I do however feel she'd be best served by being magnanimous about her achievements and carry on. 

I like it too, because it's almost certainly accurate. I know an old woman-hater when I see one.

• Like 2