Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Well, that didn’t take long to go down the pan.

Glovergate Mk2

7BFF8B56-AC72-400C-B3FC-6D7EBCEF8C78.jpeg

That’s properly cheeky though. She supplies them with re-agents at cost even though she’s a private business as she wants to help and they use them to flog tests to people to make money. You honestly couldn’t make this up. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chef Raekwon said:

They're an arrogant and stupid bunch aren't they?  

Have to say I feel quite sorry for Glover. Looks like they put her on the bank to pay her on the cheap as a contractor and now they’ve taken the materials she supplies to re sell and make a fast buck as well without consulting with her. How can you screw over somebody that bad when it looks like all they wanted to do was help you out? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Parallax said:

How can you screw over somebody that bad when it looks like all they wanted to do was help you out? 

Because you’re the Quayle administration and this is how you do ‘business’.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Parallax said:

Have to say I feel quite sorry for Glover. Looks like they put her on the bank to pay her on the cheap as a contractor and now they’ve taken the materials she supplies to re sell and make a fast buck as well without consulting with her. How can you screw over somebody that bad when it looks like all they wanted to do was help you out? 

Its an old saying, but "penny wise, pound foolish".

9 minutes ago, Parallax said:

I don’t think they’ll make any money at £50 a shot. That figure was always said to be cost, reagent, sample kits, running the machinery, staff costs of 111, sampler, path lab staff, etc.

Its the principle, though. It’s different to testing on arrival, 3, 7 or 10 days and building up a picture and data.

This is purely of use to those travelling to certain destinations. Sounds as if she wasn’t asked, consulted, listened to. Again!

Im sure she doesn’t want to make a fortune. I’m also sure that they’d be able to make money for NHS and Rachel, if they did it properly.

Tests in UK start at £90 for self administered posted kits. £120 for 48 hours nurse administered at Boots. £149-199 for 24 hours. £289 for same day.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, All Right said:

That’s properly cheeky though. She supplies them with re-agents at cost even though she’s a private business as she wants to help and they use them to flog tests to people to make money. You honestly couldn’t make this up. 

I am sure they will argue that they are just knocking them out at cost.  Absolutely shocking that yet again, they have not even had the courtesy to discuss this with their benevolent supplier.  

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

I don’t think they’ll make any money at £50 a shot. That figure was always said to be cost, reagent, sample kits, running the machinery, staff costs of 111, sampler, path lab staff, etc.

Its the principle, though. It’s different to testing on arrival, 3, 7 or 10 days and building up a picture and data.

This is purely of use to those travelling to certain destinations. Sounds as if she wasn’t asked, consulted, listened to. Again!

Im sure she doesn’t want to make a fortune. I’m also sure that they’d be able to make money for NHS and Rachel, if they did it properly.

Tests in UK start at £90 for self administered posted kits. £120 for 48 hours nurse administered at Boots. £149-199 for 24 hours. £289 for same day.

As you said, it's the principle. Full stop. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

100% and as you say there’s a ready market there for travelers. I think IMS charges £150 for a pre travel test so them using her chemicals at cost to knock one out for £50 just looks cheap and insulting. Why should she continue to supply stuff at cost so they can do it for £50 when the commercial rate per test is around £150 which would allow for some margin. If people need to travel that’s the price. It’s just destroying all goodwill to me. 

11 minutes ago, Parallax said:

100% and as you say there’s a ready market there for travelers. I think IMS charges £150 for a pre travel test so them using her chemicals at cost to knock one out for £50 just looks cheap and insulting. Why should she continue to supply stuff at cost so they can do it for £50 when the commercial rate per test is around £150 which would allow for some margin. If people need to travel that’s the price. It’s just destroying all goodwill to me. 

Did you meant to say “ knock one out for £50 looks cheap” ?

Edited by Scotty
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Without divulging too much proprietary information about my business, I make a profit selling 6 PCR tests with a £125 package (shameless link to www.petgeneticslab.co.uk). The figures of £90-120 for single tests are making a huge profit because, well, COVID. At £50 per test I'd be very surprised if it's "at cost" even with the cost per test of everything else (swabs, swabbers etc). 

Edited by rachomics
  • Like 4