Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

From my own experience, I am not at all surprised that arrogant people at the Senior level in Government would be prepared to treat the private sector with contempt and then pretend to be the friend and partner of industry. These people have little experience and understanding of how the world and industry works and believe they have influence and importance that, simply, they don't.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

David Ashford started out very well. But I think he has been usurped by the CM and Treasury to agree with the Michaels report and everything that flows from it.

He has listened and followed the wrong people and now he is stuck with it.

The lettergate incident will be his legacy, not sorting out our health systems. Shame really.

12 minutes ago, Apple said:

David Ashford started out very well. But I think he has been usurped by the CM and Treasury to agree with the Michaels report and everything that flows from it.

He has listened and followed the wrong people and now he is stuck with it.

The lettergate incident will be his legacy, not sorting out our health systems. Shame really.

It is what it is. Lettergate was just a manifestation of what the lad has become. 

There is a severe lack of talent in the present Tynwald and some are in a position that far exceeds their talent and true ability.

20 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

Would destroying documentation which should have been saved under clause 17.5 of the Data Protection Act count? 

Surely the letter did not go through official channels as in to his official address, so in my view that is a private letter. It was read out as a private letter with consent I’d the author, which in my view does not make it official. The fact the author was respectful enough to address DA as “Minister”, does not alter things.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

I don’t think they’ll make any money at £50 a shot. That figure was always said to be cost, reagent, sample kits, running the machinery, staff costs of 111, sampler, path lab staff, etc.

I suspect they would actually be making quite a big profit.  Because the government is running a testing schedule in any case, any extra tests added on will only be at marginal cost - swabs, small extra amounts of reagents, tubes and so on.  A little bit of admin for the certificate.  The big costs of machinery, staff and so on will spent in any case.

If we were near capacity in testing and they needed to employ more staff or whatever, then that would need to be taken into account, but that's not the case at the moment.

48 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

This MBE bloke is looking worse by the day. Is it possible to retract an honour like this once they realise they might have made a grave mistake?

To be honest when you look at the assorted crooks and cronies Boris gave titles and gongs to on that list, most people would have been trying to find a way not to be associated with it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Surely the letter did not go through official channels as in to his official address, so in my view that is a private letter. It was read out as a private letter with consent I’d the author, which in my view does not make it official. The fact the author was respectful enough to address DA as “Minister”, does not alter things.

Tongue-GettyImages-130898101-1280x960-660x495.jpg

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Scotty said:

There used to be a bloke called dilligaf on this forum who couldn't stop himself from giving out references and defending the indefensible.

Edited by Barlow