Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

19 minutes ago, Kopek said:

No matter, come Aug '21, electioneering, 'It warn't me Gov, this is the truth............., I was told to.................

All will out in the end????

Don’t judge them on your shite  performance when you stood. 

Edited by Scotty

9 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I don’t think it is in anyone’s interest to identify posters either on here or on Twitter. Not quite cricket, as they say.

Yeah but, when an anonymous is posting about a non-anonymouse poster then I think the pitch changes somewhat.

eta

Attacking a non-anonymous poster from behind an anonymous account definitely isn't cricket

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Yeah but, when an anonymous is posting about a non-anonymouse poster then I think the pitch changes somewhat.

eta

Attacking a non-anonymous poster from behind an anonymous account definitely isn't cricket

So maybe the poster posting under their real name needs to have the balls to take the flack.  Mr Wright, John Wright, Mr Thomas MHK, Mr Dreadon etc. are all in positions where there can be little doubt about their credibility. Some people dive in the deep end, not knowing the depth.

10 hours ago, NoTailT said:

[...] Id argue that COVID tests for people departing the Island isn't just about people who want to go on holiday but an essential to make elements of business traffic that may need to take place and that it is to the Islands economic and mental health benefit to facilitate such a test to Island results.

There's some truth in that, though I'm not sure that these certificates are worth the paper they're printed out on.  Something that John's experiences travelling this Summer seem to have confirmed.  However provision is clearly going to help some of those who have to travel abroad, no matter how stupid the idea.  And the £50 test was offered before in conjunction with the 7-day testing, so it's not new, and I can't see numbers required threatening current testing loads.

But the real point here is about lack of consultation with those affected and best able to offer an informed opinion.  And a complete insensitivity to feelings of those who have done so much 'above and beyond' to establish the testing system.  Which ironically is what Dr Glover  was accused of - based on no evidence whatever.

I think most people understand the latter point - it's like donating and working hard to a charity and then finding that those in charge want to 'monetise' your contribution without consultation.  Even if it might be for the best, it still feels like you are being taken advantage of.  It's the sign of a management that only thinks of its own interests and doesn't care about those who work with them.  And can't manage people. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

There's some truth in that, though I'm not sure that these certificates are worth the paper they're printed out on.  Something that John's experiences travelling this Summer seem to have confirmed.  However provision is clearly going to help some of those who have to travel abroad, no matter how stupid the idea.  And the £50 test was offered before in conjunction with the 7-day testing, so it's not new, and I can't see numbers required threatening current testing loads.

But the real point here is about lack of consultation with those affected and best able to offer an informed opinion.  And a complete insensitivity to feelings of those who have done so much 'above and beyond' to establish the testing system.  Which ironically is what Dr Glover  was accused of - based on no evidence whatever.

I think most people understand the latter point - it's like donating and working hard to a charity and then finding that those in charge want to 'monetise' your contribution without consultation.  Even if it might be for the best, it still feels like you are being taken advantage of.  It's the sign of a management that only thinks of its own interests and doesn't care about those who work with them.  And can't manage people. 

Are you God by any chance ?

2 hours ago, Banker said:

I think it’s Will Greenhow so at £140k pa plus pensions he’s getting paid plenty 😂

In most workplaces, you might expect that exceptional salary brings with it exceptional competencies and skills. Apparently, not so in IOM Government. We appear to be paying exceptional salaries for very average ability. Nice work, if you can get it. Unfortunately there is no mechanism here to discard this expensive mediocrity.

• Like 3