Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

Just now, hissingsid said:

Anyone who resorts to Twitter to whinge about a supposed slight is a complete loser no matter how important they view themselves to be it is the action of a zero rated celebrity who is attention seeking.:ph34r:

Good job you're in a very small and insignificant minority who feel like this. Fucking moronic Manx-crabbery at its worst...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Anyone who resorts to Twitter to whinge about a supposed slight is a complete loser no matter how important they view themselves to be it is the action of a zero rated celebrity who is attention seeking.:ph34r:

I think you need to tone it down if you're looking to make the jump from Onchan commissioner back to MHK.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

How do you know I am in the minority ?   Lots of people despise twitter and even Facebook as a means to throw pity parties and state their case regardless of the rights or wrongs, there are ways of doing things and having hissy fits on public forums is not one.

And yet here you are...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am not stating my case just commenting as I am entitled to the same as everyone else,   I do not do twitter but there has been a lot of publicity about people, who should know better, airing their disgruntlement about personal matters who regret it but their comments have gone viral.....too late...very unwise.

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

An internet forum is no place to publicly share a quite obvious private grievance. Especially not anonymously.

Well, given the ossification of absolutely any governmental policy here, what other options do people have?

"I'm alright Jack" means we move at the pace of continental drift at the best of times. Maybe a kick up the rear is what Tynwald needs.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I have never touched it, seen the bother it has got Trump and a lot of famous people into though especially M.P.s it is to be treated with respect.

And then there are millions who use it reasonably, including politicians and quote 'famous people'.

Of course you wouldn't understand, because you've 'never touched it', just read the tabloid stories.

6 hours ago, rachomics said:

The senior managers at DHSC didn't have a clue who I was or what I had done until about 2 weeks ago. 

Given the circumstances that is pretty poor. 

10 hours ago, rachomics said:

Absolutely, and I have blown the trumpet publicly many times about the microbiology team and how much they "stepped up" to take on testing that would normally not be anywhere near a hospital lab.

However, that testing would not have existed had I not sent an email to Steve Doyle back in March. The microbiology department would have, effectively, been a Post Office for sending samples to PHE in Manchester on a 3-day turnaround. If I were to walk away from the on-Island testing to concentrate on my business there would be no elective surgery, no endoscopy, and most hospital admissions would not be tested as they came through the door. I do think that is worthy of me "blowing my trumpet". The UK Government spent a hideous amount of money over 15 years training me to do what I can do and, ultimately, during COVID19 the IoM has been benefitting from that. 

Feel free to send me a PM, happy to meet with any DHSC staff in the canteen for a cuppa! 

What we see here is the part that luck has played in our good fortune. Luck that we happened to have someone with Rachel’s expertise on Island when we did. 

Has anyone given a thought to where we might be right now if she hadn’t been here?

8 hours ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

I have no grief with you at all and I don't even know who you are. Based entirely on news reports and tweets, I got the impression that you were perhaps taking personal credit for what must have been team work and achievement and therefore was surprised to see 'dissing' comments about our chief minister and COMIN decisions which I bet are taken after considering many sources of advice, including yours. If I have offended you in any way, I apologise. Thank you for your good work.

I sincerely hope that in due course she gets some real recognition. Every now and then in a major operation, one person truly makes a difference. This woman is one such individual.

Edited by Derek Flint
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1