Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

9 hours ago, Apple said:

Answer came there none.

However, does anyone know how much our real charity and voluntary leaders are paying themselves, you know , like just before Christmas so I can support those in need most.?

Could it be the biggest and most vocal one over here ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Why do some on here want leadership on the cheap?

You get what you pay for

I refer you to the well paid leadership of the DoI. How much do the three man wonder team of Longworth, Black and Robinson cost per year? More than a quarter of a million pounds. Are we getting what we pay for there?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Apple said:

It used to be said;-

1. If it isn't written down, it didn't happen.

2. Poor record keeping usually mean poor clinical practices.

That applies, or should apply, to every walk of life, even your personal affairs.  A quick jot on a utility bill that you queried it on a date and with whom, for example, is immensely useful.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

I refer you to the well paid leadership of the DoI. How much do the three man wonder team of Longworth, Black and Robinson cost per year? More than a quarter of a million pounds. Are we getting what we pay for there?

Matter of opinion. From your question I imagine you don’t think so. Others may disagree.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

It's absolutely mental that the chief exec/clerk of Ramsey commissioners is on more than £100000. Mental. 

2 hours ago, Apple said:

If that amount is correct then that is a scandal in my opinion. How can the people of Ramsey accept that. 

It isn't correct - as I pointed out earlier with reference to the actual accounts.  At most they will be on just under £75,000 and there is another officer[1] who I reckon will be on a bit over £50,000.

[1] Presumably the Deputy or more likely the Responsible Finance Officer (as opposed to all the irresponsible ones that the government employs.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

It isn't correct - as I pointed out earlier with reference to the actual accounts.  At most they will be on just under £75,000 and there is another officer[1] who I reckon will be on a bit over £50,000.

[1] Presumably the Deputy or more likely the Responsible Finance Officer (as opposed to all the irresponsible ones that the government employs.

Buster was pocketing over £75,000 per annum before losing all the plot. That’s going back a few years too.

Just now, Scotty said:

Buster was pocketing over £75,000 per annum before losing all the plot. That’s going back a few years too.

Oh I can believe that - but the whole thing there was completely crooked and the Commissioners ended up suing him over it.  Whether current levels are too high, given the limited powers of Manx local authorities is another matter, but, apart from Douglas, they're not as high as some on here believe or we'd see it in the accounts. 

23 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

More like £350k pa

• Like 1