Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

3 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

...especially Quayle who performs like a ‘speak your weight’ machine...

This will continue to make me laugh out loud the whole day...

3 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Think very hard when in the polling booth come September.

Which voters are you talking about? The vast majority who spend little or no time looking over the past performance of their existing candidate or the attraction of a new contender?

It just doesn't happen, unfortunately, because no one really cares enough. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 7:43 PM, John Wright said:

Yes, but they had to go into 14 day quarantine. Gold standard, you’ll remember, until they decided it needed 21

it has never been needed to be 21 days, that is just the pay us 50 quid or spend another week locked up extortion.

26 minutes ago, WTF said:

it has never been needed to be 21 days, that is just the pay us 50 quid or spend another week locked up extortion.

It’s hardly extortion. The island should have introduced private ( ie paid for ) testing on demand months ago.

Free on nhs with symptoms, free on nhs for patient transfers, free pre hospital admission.

At cost plus premium for non essential travel. 

Charging should cover costs of entire programme, test kits, reagents, staffing, reporting.

£50, £25 per test, is chicken feed, as long as you know in advance. £100 per test, £200 for the two would be realistic.

UK private PCR for travel ranges from £100 per test for 48 hour results to £300 for same day. We are getting same day for £25.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, quilp said:

For those on benefits that measly 50 quid might be prohibitive. 

I’m sure there could be a benefit linkage. But I’m talking about discretionary non essential travellers paying the going rate and subsidising everyone else.

3 hours ago, The Old Git said:

She’s also a woman. 

Howard seems to have a problem with them

DA doesn't seem to have any problem, he's surrounded by them. Horses for courses I reckon.

Just now, Annoymouse said:

Is that a recent change? I’ve only ever seen £50 a test mentioned, £25 is a lot more reasonable especially from a private company.

It’s £50 for the 2. That’s £25 each. It’s not private. I’ve not seen Uk private ones for less than £90. And those were home tests, sent by courier, that you had to post back 24 hour before 09.00 next morning. UK private tests run from £100-150 for 48 hour, £150-250 for 24 hours, and £290 up for same day.

Thats all for PCR, not lamp or lateral flow.

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

Think very hard when in the polling booth come September.

Already have - and won't be voting. There is little point, mainly for all the reasons expressed in this recent thread.

We may have the oldest continuous parliament in the world but that is no reason to keep it going any further. As someone told me this year, that is no reason for keeping our feet in the concrete of history. Time to move on maybe ?

Expects knock on door soon.....🤫

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s £50 for the 2. That’s £25 each. It’s not private. I’ve not seen Uk private ones for less than £90. And those were home tests, sent by courier, that you had to post back 24 hour before 09.00 next morning. UK private tests run from £100-150 for 48 hour, £150-250 for 24 hours, and £290 up for same day.

Thats all for PCR, not lamp or lateral flow.

I see, hopefully I’ll be lucky enough not to require a test then. I think at the this stage I’d rather pay for a vaccine

If ever there were a time for some fresh candidates to stand it is now, surely the weakness of administrations led by intellectually challenged fools is now in plain sight. Hopefully the mantra of "he's Manx as the hills I'll vote for him" will not decide the next election, as it has done many times in the past to little gain. There are too many lumpy carpets and too many full cupboards, which us, the taxpayers, bear the burdens for each and every time ! It cannot continue thus !!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1