Derek Flint - has left us

John Wright

39 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

@Rhumsaa Can we offset some of the Ramsey rates with the savings Douglas ratepayers had by not having fireworks They came to enjoy the show, they pay sort of thing :D

next year we can operate a toll booth at the hairpin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'm back in the uk for a while, and down south diesel is nudging 120 a litre. I find locally the uk diesel price is continuously fluctuating by up and down, where as the manx prices generally seem a bit more solid, but historically around 5p a litre more expensive.

Rate's are much cheaper on the island, eating out is a bit cheaper and better quality, beer is a lot cheaper - a decent bitter is £4.20, house and car insurance is 2/3 the uk cost. General food shop is the same, perhaps a little more as we try and buy manx produce where possible. Filled up with heating oil in the summer and was really cheap for a change, but phone line and internet is expensive. House prices are a lot cheaper on the iom, perhaps 60 to 70% the cost. Overall, compared to the south of england, the IOM is quite a bit cheaper to live.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pongo said:

CGT

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

IHT after that police lump sum.

Yep -both considerations. I’m not a millionaire but reasonably well off. Much more careful  tax planning required. We had a dry run with an aunts estate when she died and whilst HMRC had their cut, with some hard work by my cousin who was the executor and had EPA beforehand it worked out very fairly.

hopefully not an issue for a good few decades yet but will be planning accordingly. 

20 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I would pay to see your fireworks instead of  Douglas Corpy funding the fireworks.

Quoting myself, but why the actual F*** has the Corpy bought petrol driven wheelbarrows for their staff. Workers in Nobles Park jointly accompanying such a thing in Nobles Park this week. One holding the handles and the other  walking beside him keeping him company while he transfers pavers into a skip. What a complete piss take. 
This will be followed up believe me.

Makes me  sad considering I always support the Corpy on here.

Edited by Scotty

52 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Quoting myself, but why the actual F*** has the Corpy bought petrol driven wheelbarrows for their staff. Workers in Nobles Park jointly accompanying such a thing in Nobles Park this week. One holding the handles and the other  walking beside him keeping him company while he transfers pavers into a skip. What a complete piss take. 
This will be followed up believe me.

Makes me  sad considering I always support the Corpy on here.

Jeepers Dilli has it really taken you this long to wake up and smell the coffee!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, finlo said:

Jeepers Dilli has it really taken you this long to wake up and smell the coffee!

Dilli ? Still have respect for David, but what I am seeing is pissing me off big time. Motorized wheelbarrows are absolutely effing mental. I will be writing to them posthaste. If anyone wants to see this just drive along Upper Dukes Road any weekday, soon, as they don’t do weekends. Is this why we pay  £1000 per year in rates. What was wrong with wheelbarrows.?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, the stinking enigma said:

Give them square wheels on their wheelbarrows. It's not supposed to be easy, this will all end in tears believe me

TSE, you won’t believe what you see if your you drive past and have a look.

I will try to get a video on Monday 

25 minutes ago, Scotty said:

TSE, you won’t believe what you see if your you drive past and have a look.

I will try to get a video on Monday 

Been trying to tell you this for at least a decade! Stop attending so many functions with the wasteful fuckers!

Edited by finlo

7 minutes ago, finlo said:

Been trying to tell you this for at least a decade! Stop attending so many functions with the wasteful flickers!

I take your point, but not sure what a “ flicker” is . Is it like a “ fluffer” !

Edited by Scotty