Derek Flint - has left us

John Wright

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I take your point, but not sure what a “ flicker” is . Is it like a “ fluffer” !

Throw your invite to the garden party in the bin next year just as i have done for the last twenty year's and they still haven't taken the hint!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Dilli seems very envious of the mobile wheelbarrow operators. Hopefully Father Christmas will bring him one. 

You’re no better than Dilli. Carry on with that type of incendiary trumpian commentary about other posters and you’ll suffer the same fate as Dilli. You’re obsessed with each other.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

There used to be a labourer at Fuschia Homes in Port Erin in the 1970s that carried his wheelbarrow around the site on his back. He was a local bouncer and had reputation to uphold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Anyone said:

Carried a wheelbarrow ? 😂

Yes it's the way Eric did things. 

If the plumbers for example, needed rolls of lead lifting onto a roof, rather than go through the hassle themselves, they'd shout across the site so everyone could hear, "Eric, you're the strongest man in Port Erin, can you lift this lead onto the roof for me". And of course he would.

His main claim to fame was that he broke into the old Isle of Man Bank at Port St Mary, the one on The High Street. He hadn't realised it had been closed for a number of years.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Derek Flint leaving - perfect timing.

Met him a couple of times. Gentleman, man of integrity and a kind humour. Knew his stuff as well, as a professional.

Good luck Derek

5 minutes ago, Apple said:

Derek Flint leaving - perfect timing.

Met him a couple of times. Gentleman, man of integrity and a kind humour. Knew his stuff as well, as a professional.

Good luck Derek

Kind words. Thank you

2 minutes ago, Anyone said:

Still a copper though. As my old dad always told me never trust a copper.

There were some I didn’t trust, and some I shouldn’t have trusted, so he was partly right.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Anyone said:

I come from a family of them, some still here, and you are probably right. But its the first place to go when you're in trouble. 

DF was ok I am told by my BiL.

3 minutes ago, Anyone said:

Unfortunately, just lately that is becoming more common. Shouldn’t be though , should it. They should all be trustworthy. ( I accept that they are also only human )

• Confused 1