Derek Flint - has left us

John Wright

4 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Kind words. Thank you

There were some I didn’t trust, and some I shouldn’t have trusted, so he was partly right.

Truth be told he was 50’ and 60’s . Me 70’s with him. We had a dockside pub. Our dealings with the boys in blue could be bruising. Until we gave them backhanders. Sure it’s better now. I hope so. I took a few hidings for nothing from them when the takings were low. Long time ago now though.

There are several professionals now that seem not too know where to draw the line any more. I think that a sort of arrogance has crept in, I can do and say what I want. Is it a form of populism?

DF was never like that, and there are so many others who can hold it together when it is needed, thanks goodness.

39 minutes ago, Apple said:

There are several professionals now that seem not too know where to draw the line any more. I think that a sort of arrogance has crept in, I can do and say what I want. Is it a form of populism?

DF was never like that, and there are so many others who can hold it together when it is needed, thanks goodness.

Never had the chance , good money they made from it. I’ll bet if they still could now they would. But too much scrutiny now so they can’t. And that is the only reason.

12 hours ago, Anyone said:

Never had the chance , good money they made from it. I’ll bet if they still could now they would. But too much scrutiny now so they can’t. And that is the only reason.

They have a go at watches and cash though,so some standards are being kept

1 hour ago, PaulJ said:

They have a go at watches and cash though,so some standards are being kept

It would not make sense to tar the whole body of the professional workforce due to the unfortunate behaviours of one or two of their "colleagues". 

On the whole badness in one form or another will eventually get called or routed out. The dilution though of operational issues via political 'persuasions' though is another matter and sadly one that we seem to experience too much. 

We need to let the Police get on with it and improve line management structures at the top. Not sure how though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I see.

Just re read the press report of the first   court appearance when he pleaded. he and his brother were in court on twom there charges which were not read out and were withdrawn.

An FOI might be useful. My source says they were much more serious than benefit fraud or assisting benefit fraud. 

54 minutes ago, Kipper99 said:

I see.

Just re read the press report of the first   court appearance when he pleaded. he and his brother were in court on twom there charges which were not read out and were withdrawn.

An FOI might be useful. My source says they were much more serious than benefit fraud or assisting benefit fraud. 

Wrong thread Kipper. 

This was the one you came on to issue a statement on all my crap jobs and inability to lead. Remember now, or have you had an early start on the drink today?

Bless.

• Haha 4

On 11/10/2020 at 7:38 AM, Derek Flint said:

Utter bollocks.

I forgot. All coppers are sweetness and light now. Now they are not as bad as the old days ( and they were bad ) but I would always avoid getting involved with them. American cops for example , Italian or Spanish cops when they get a few footie fan heads to crack?  Violence against the public is just in cop DNA. Except in America of course. Did I forget Hong Kong or any other bastions of freedom?