17 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Here’s a taster of things. Diesel fill up at BP. £1.15.9

what is the current price on the rock?

the price of everything and the value of nothing

enjoy your slightly cheaper diesel

it does not entice me

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Don't forget all those extra miles you have to drive to get what you want or where you need to be.

I know what you are saying but in reality living in the UK does not mean you NEED to drive miles.

Where I am from is a small village about 7 miles from a large town with everything you would need including a train station with links to the whole of the UK.

The truth is that you can drive miles if you WANT to, you have that option to do it on the spur of the moment and you don't need to go on a long boat trip.

29 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Don't forget all those extra miles you have to drive to get what you want or where you need to be.

Stuff is definitely more spread out. I’ll particularly miss the proximity of Felton’s, and the 2 builders merchants in Ramsey for stuff. My nearest alternatives are a good ten minutes away. 

28 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

it does not entice me

Seriously, I’m actually trying to bust a few myths. Genuinely interested in how much cheaper/ expensive stuff is. For example (and you know how much I moaned about Ramsey rates) my council tax on the new gaff, plus water, will be about a grand dearer. I do however get four wheelie bins.

22 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I know what you are saying but in reality living in the UK does not mean you NEED to drive miles.

Where I am from is a small village about 7 miles from a large town with everything you would need including a train station with links to the whole of the UK.

The truth is that you can drive miles if you WANT to, you have that option to do it on the spur of the moment and you don't need to go on a long boat trip.

We are 10 minutes from a mainline station, Morrison’s/Aldi. The ‘spur of the moment’ for travel is a plus factor - or it will be when you can feckin go anywhere again!

Edited by Derek Flint
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

it does not entice me

Cheap shot I think. There is more nuance to this than you think. Many are planning to leave not just because of COVID but it has been if you like the final straw. The IOM is nice but it is far from the the best place in the universe to live. I’m thinking of leaving as are many I know. I know , boat in the morning.