Formula 1 championship title

war baby

5 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

To think Red Bull have been complaining about the FIA decisions all season...

Well they have, and rightly so - there's been a lot of shit decisions this year and lots of them have been against Red Bull. But yeah that decision at the end was a bit suspect. Can't really see how it's defensible given the rules don't make exceptions for doing things for a good race. That said, I'm glad it made a good race at the end.

2 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

It is a blatant disregard for the written rules/restart procedure that inherently altered the result.

If that is accepted as being correct, what do the rules state the remedy is?

I have seen lots of posts elsewhere complaining that the rules were not followed but why all seem to be experts on why the rules were broken none seem to state what the rules should now happen. Surely if it is demanded that the rules are followed and not " made up on the spot" then similarly what happens as a consequence should be as set out in the rules and not "made up on the spot".

Seems to me that if during a game, race, etc officials make a mistake, which is what appears to have happened here, the result generally stands bu the officials get punished. I am struggling to think of any result, in any sport, that has been reversed due to a mistake by an official. At most the result might have been set aside and a game/race re-done but I cannot see that there is any chance that this race can be re-run

2 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

If that is accepted as being correct, what do the rules state the remedy is?

I have seen lots of posts elsewhere complaining that the rules were not followed but why all seem to be experts on why the rules were broken none seem to state what the rules should now happen. Surely if it is demanded that the rules are followed and not " made up on the spot" then similarly what happens as a consequence should be as set out in the rules and not "made up on the spot".

Seems to me that if during a game, race, etc officials make a mistake, which is what appears to have happened here, the result generally stands bu the officials get punished. I am struggling to think of any result, in any sport, that has been reversed due to a mistake by an official. At most the result might have been set aside and a game/race re-done but I cannot see that there is any chance that this race can be re-run

Massi bowed to pressure from Horner in his ear (Toto was just as bad)

I would expect the teams direct line to a bloke trying to make massive time critical decisions may be pulled in the future.

What they do about today I have no idea, but there is no grey area.  All lapsed cars should have gone back ahead of the safety car.  It is very clear in the rules

17 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

What they do about today I have no idea, but there is no grey area.  All lapsed cars should have gone back ahead of the safety car.  It is very clear in the rules

But if the complaint is that the rules were broken the punishment must be as per the rules. You are adamant the rules were broken, so  presumably have access to them and read, so what do they say.