Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

8 hours ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

I'll definitely have it. So amusing to watch those brave and bold people who didn't mind/care if they got the virus (and in so doing not knowing how it would affect them) now hand wringing over the safety of a clinically tested vaccine.

I won't have it because I'm as hard as fuck and have beaten every bastard thing life has thrown at me, this virus will have fuck all affect on me..I'll scare it away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Full Moderna Vaccine Trial data out, 94.1% reduction in symptomatic infection, versus 185 symptomatic infections in placebo group. No serious illness on vaccinated group versus 30 in placebo group. 

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/11/absolutely-remarkable-no-one-who-got-modernas-vaccine-trial-developed-severe-covid-19

The comments about posters volunteering to have the jab, will be a necessity if anyone were to believe what’s being talked about in the popular press. In particular the need for individuals to have been vaccinated and carry proof of vaccination when going on holiday etc - no jab no trip. Which leads me to my concern of the DHSC rationing the doses, starting with vulnerable, medical, nursing and care staff, then trickling down to others. Would there be an option to pay at your local GP? Like you do with vaccines like yellow fever.  If there is a no jab no trip policy, it’s going to restrict islanders even more.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 2112 said:

The comments about posters volunteering to have the jab, will be a necessity if anyone were to believe what’s being talked about in the popular press. In particular the need for individuals to have been vaccinated and carry proof of vaccination when going on holiday etc - no jab no trip. Which leads me to my concern of the DHSC rationing the doses, starting with vulnerable, medical, nursing and care staff, then trickling down to others. Would there be an option to pay at your local GP? Like you do with vaccines like yellow fever.  If there is a no jab no trip policy, it’s going to restrict islanders even more.

Beat me to it. There should be an option for private paid-for vaccinations for those who need to keep the wheels of business turning not just for holidays. 

19 minutes ago, Banker said:

There was also talk of some hospitality businesses operating a no vaccine no service policy which Matt Hancock wouldn’t discount in interviews yesterday so it appears vaccine will be voluntary but you may have lots of restrictions if you don’t have it

This sounds more like big brother than protection. If that comes in, I will change my mind and not have the vaccine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Beat me to it. There should be an option for private paid-for vaccinations for those who need to keep the wheels of business turning not just for holidays. 

Be plenty people who pay 4 figures for vaccine, and few who pay 5 figures. 

1 hour ago, Banker said:

There was also talk of some hospitality businesses operating a no vaccine no service policy which Matt Hancock wouldn’t discount in interviews yesterday so it appears vaccine will be voluntary but you may have lots of restrictions if you don’t have it

Just be like updated dress code, cruises think use requirement of vaccine as part of sales pitch. 

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

Testing is only relevant if it "produces the data we need". What??

Exactly, and much more. I had to laugh when the interviewer suggested that being the minister in charge meant he'd "received more letters." I just found it all very questionable. Ashford's use of the rising inflection of speech at the end of every sentence always sounds suspect also.

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

This sounds more like big brother than protection. If that comes in, I will change my mind and not have the vaccine. 

It’s across most news outlets but this is sky news, many countries saying same thing. Suppose if you don’t want to travel, go to pubs, restaurants, cafes, theatres etc then don’t have it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-people-who-refuse-to-get-vaccine-could-be-denied-entry-to-venues-minister-suggests-12147306

39 minutes ago, Banker said:

It’s across most news outlets but this is sky news, many countries saying same thing. Suppose if you don’t want to travel, go to pubs, restaurants, cafes, theatres etc then don’t have it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-people-who-refuse-to-get-vaccine-could-be-denied-entry-to-venues-minister-suggests-12147306

If it becomes a requirement, I doubt many of these saying they will not have it will stand by their principles for long.

If they do then more space for the rest of us

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Theres no way it will be mandatory. Too many legal implications should it go wrong, even in a whatever the name is for a negative placebo sense. Some people will experience side effects whether based in reality or not. 

It will be purely voluntary, though essentially you will have no choice but to have it if you want to live some sort of life.

2 hours ago, Banker said:

That'll be the end of those businesses in a jiffy.  A nonsense policy.

• Like 1