Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

1 hour ago, BenFairfax said:

JCVI updated  (2nd Dec 2020) guidance on order of vaccination (in 1st phrase), the key details of ordering are:

1) Residents in a care home for older adults, and their carers
2) Everyone aged 80 and over, and frontline health and social care workers
3) People aged 75 and over.
4) Aged 70 and over, and those who are clinically extremely vulnerable (shielding patients)
5) Aged 65 and over
6) People 16-84 with underlying health conditions
7) Aged 60 and over
😎 Aged 55 and over
9) Aged 50 and over

Looks about right to me, reflecting relative risks in line with various studies. Does anyone know what ordering the IoM DHSC are following? 

PHE as usual.

49 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

PHE as usual.

JVCI advice PHE, in particular as guidance notes state:

"The Committee’s advice is for NHS England and Improvement, the Department of Health and Social Care, Public Health England and the devolved administrations to work together to ensure that inequalities are identified and addressed in implementation."

Model just comes down using something like KKN algorithm to identify factors and then optimizing the associated linear factor model, using various clinical studies of those factors. I.e. hard to understand why Sep 2020 guidance was so far off.

Regarding IoM we not always following PHE guidance, hence the query.

Edited by BenFairfax

David Ashford is hoping everyone has the vaccination - according to the Courier. I'm not sure what has prompted this.

We ae getting the Pfizer one apparently.

Might wait back a bit and see how it goes......

1 hour ago, Apple said:

David Ashford is hoping everyone has the vaccination - according to the Courier. I'm not sure what has prompted this.

It's the only one that is approved. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Apple said:

If you don’t have it when allocated you will be marked as declining, you can’t just ring up when you like & say I’ll have it at 2pm tomorrow please!!

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 2:38 PM, slinkydevil said:

Anyone who doesn't want the vaccine I have a lovely selection of Homeopathic & Flower Remedies. I've been taking 1 drop a day since March and am still COVID FREE. 100% effective in my tests.

My FREE covid remedies are available for just £9.99

Any excuse to post James Randi's talk :) 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

If you don’t have it when allocated you will be marked as declining, you can’t just ring up when you like & say I’ll have it at 2pm tomorrow please!!

Sorry I missed that report.

Can't have it if I am not well. 😄

10 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I have a question. With the UK being the first to authorise us of the Pfizer vaccine, and about to start jabbing people, what happens if a different country decides not to authorise it?

Then clearly that different country is a shit country, with shit people and shit healthcare professionals, who know jack-shit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

I have a question. With the UK being the first to authorise us of the Pfizer vaccine, and about to start jabbing people, what happens if a different country decides not to authorise it?

That's a very good question.  I doubt it'll happen though.  I suspect that when regulatory authorities have different opinions it's about levels of success and costing, rather than safety.  I can think of one example off the top of my head and that was spinal disc replacement - Europeans thought it was brilliant, US FDA didn't approve.  As it turned out it was a rubbish treatment.  FDA disapproval however was on cost grounds I think. (I could be making all this up however!)

The point is that MHRA wouldn't have approved if the data indicated a dangerous vaccine, and they're clearly happy with the level of success.  The Europeans may reject on the basis that 92% isn't good enough, and that is their right.  I think then we'd see a debate about what was meant by 'good enough'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Then there will be a dilemma 

Not really. There’s lots of jurisdictional divergence and discrepancy between authorisation, emergency authorisation or licensing of vaccines and medicines.

One of the medications I’m on isn’t licensed or authorised in Spain. Can’t get it for love nor money, not even privately.

Everything else I can get over the counter, even stuff which is prescription only here. As long as I go to a rural pharmacy. They won’t do it in Barcelona. And most of its cheaper than the prescription charge here.

• Like 1