Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

8 hours ago, wrighty said:

Take any group of several thousand 80+ year olds and it is inevitable that about 10% will die in a year.  So about 1% will die in a month, and roughly therefore about 1 in 3000 in the next 24 hours.  If the UK is aiming to vaccinate 400,000 in the next few weeks it's almost certain that a few will die within a short period of time of having the vaccine.  

I hope the BBC or whoever are able to put this into an appropriate context before the reputation of the vaccine gets damaged by morons on Facebook before it's even had a chance to do any good.

Why the news media?  Quayle and Ashford have a press conference on Friday so they can quote the estimates for the island without problem. 

Glad I'm not 80+.

5 hours ago, madmanxpilot said:

You could always get a letter from your GP, or request a copy of your medical records. Not that it should be like that of course. I agree with you, a certificate should be provided to all those who are vaccinated.

I can see the travel companies wanting one but really the potential for ahem...unscrupulous people to make money from issuing illegal or fictitious certificates could arise. Anyway, GP's will probably charge for a private one anyway but the administration costs for checking it's validity wouldn't be value for money, would it?

2 hours ago, finlo said:

Anyone else notice that it was the same nurse that administered the first female then male jabs at different hospitals many miles apart at supposedly the same time?

So far as I'm aware, University Hospital in Coventry[1] is not "many miles apart" from University Hospital in Coventry[2].

[1] Site of first vaccine

[2] Site of second vaccine

18 hours ago, snowman said:

Hope proof of vaccination is available. Some airlines are likely to require proof from passengers 

I'm not so sure about that.

Airlines rely on high load factors to operate successfully.   Cutting off a large.segment of your potential client base by demanding proof you've had a vaccine is a risky step.

2 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Airlines rely on high load factors to operate successfully.   Cutting off a large.segment of your potential client base by demanding proof you've had a vaccine is a risky step.

It will probably be the only way they'll stay in the air. 

45 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

Ooh, ooh, I don't legitemately need to have it because I've had anaphylaxsis reactions in the past...happy days!

Which is the whole point of vaccination. Most people can, and by doing so, surprise surprise, they'll not only be protecting themselves, but helping protect you and others who can't.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Qantas / Australia are considering it as are others

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Banker said:

No but speaking to a senior medic they said it will be on your medical record so you can get a copy from GP if needed 

If you're on  app.patientaccess.com[*] you can go to menu > medical record > share record <and/or> export record. You then choose which aspect of your record you wish to share/export. Yes, there is even a section exclusively for immunisations

In share, you can copy the link or email it. An access code and/or QR access code provided gives access for 24 hours.

In export, you can choose between PDF, XML, and JSON formats.

*it's the app from where you can order repeat prescriptions and book appointments. If you don't yet have it, you'll need to sign up for it at your surgery.

I highly recommend getting the app as it's not dependant on your surgery's opening hours, so it makes life that little bit easier. (particularly if you're like me and regularly wake at 2am panicking about not having put in for a repeat 'script when almost out)

• Like 1