Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

51 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Someone told me that the plan is to turn the airport into a vaccine centre. Is that true?

Not heard that one. I did hear however that they were making some space at the airport for an arrivals/departures testing area. WTF we're doing that for I don't know. Just keep the border closed and job's a goodun.:D

15 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

Any sign on the Island of the first Covid vaccine needle entering anyone's skin yet?

Not sure we’ve even had a delivery as I said above both Channel Islands are expecting second delivery this week and have started vaccinations 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Not heard that one. I did hear however that they were making some space at the airport for an arrivals/departures testing area. WTF we're doing that for I don't know. Just keep the border closed and job's a goodun.:D

Howie did say they were looking at the 10 days quarantine with more testing so maybe connected 

Special instructions (plus the MSDS) were issued by Pfizer for handling and transport but those have only been made available to the transport/forwarding companies that have a contract with Pfizer. So the Boy David is probably correct. However, local storage and distribution instructions are widely available on t'interweb but not from factory gate to final destination or regional hub. 

12 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Special instructions (plus the MSDS) were issued by Pfizer for handling and transport but those have only been made available to the transport/forwarding companies that have a contract with Pfizer. So the Boy David is probably correct. However, local storage and distribution instructions are widely available on t'interweb but not from factory gate to final destination or regional hub. 

All he has to do is pick up phone to Guernsey or Jersey to ask how they got theirs to island 

• Like 1

Actually, I think DHSC are probably waiting for the Oxford/AZ to be given the go-ahead. The logistics process is a lot less convoluted and can be produced much quicker.

I don't see any reason why IOM should have to wait any longer than CI to get the first supply from Pfizer.

The fact that Jersey in closer geographically to Belgium really is a shit answer from HRH the Minister DHSC in that video.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Actually, I think DHSC are probably waiting for the Oxford/AZ to be given the go-ahead. The logistics process is a lot less convoluted and can be produced much quicker.

I don't see any reason why IOM should have to wait any longer than CI to get the first supply from Pfizer.

The fact that Jersey in closer geographically to Belgium really is a shit answer from HRH the Minister DHSC in that video.  

Well they’ve had delivery in Orkney Islands which is further from Belgium than us so that excuse is bollocks!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-55308636