Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

24 minutes ago, Apple said:

Sorry for commenting on own post, but the more I think this may deserve some merit. Would anyone else give up their vaccination so someone can have more time with their families ?

Well I’m well down the list but wouldn’t have a problem giving up my place, however I think the very vulnerable are one of priority groups. However given the c3/4 weeks delay Ashie has imposed on vaccine rollout who knows when they will get it

• Thanks 2

Reliably told that there is a gov tender out at the moment to supply 10 shipping containers for the storage of used sharps.

Could this not have been done a bit earlier? Having tried to get a container recently for a temp furniture store while we add a couple of rooms, there is a shortage of them.

Do we not have a forward planning group that can think of what we need in good time? 

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

To be fair, I couldn't be arsed talking to him either.

The two of them seem to be getting on well lately. Maybe Ashie swiped right on Moulty.

If he can't be putting up with Moulton then he really is in the shit, because that's an easy one. Maybe we'll see a video interview on Gef by the end of the day instead.

I was told that there are a number of medical and care personnel that have been, or still are, isolating due to members of their family returning to the Island and is one of the reasons for the deferment of the roll-out. The indemnity/liability stuff is sorted, I'm told.

Once a tray of vials has been thawed then it has to be used within a certain time and given the fact that each vial contains 5 vaccinations DHSC needs to ensure that every single one counts. It would also make sense to ensure that the maximum number of medical and care personnel are vaccinated within the same time frame to guarantee continuity of service. Without a planned program for these people there'd be a risk of some services not being available. Although I'm not sure what would happen if any of these people refuse to have the vaccine.   

28 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I was told that there are a number of medical and care personnel that have been, or still are, isolating due to members of their family returning to the Island and is one of the reasons for the deferment of the roll-out. The indemnity/liability stuff is sorted, I'm told.

Once a tray of vials has been thawed then it has to be used within a certain time and given the fact that each vial contains 5 vaccinations DHSC needs to ensure that every single one counts. It would also make sense to ensure that the maximum number of medical and care personnel are vaccinated within the same time frame to guarantee continuity of service. Without a planned program for these people there'd be a risk of some services not being available. Although I'm not sure what would happen if any of these people refuse to have the vaccine.   

So are you saying Ashie is telling porkies

54 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Which porkies, specfiically?

That the reason for the delay is that the AG needs to review the indemnities etc...

I haven't met anyone who believes the Boy Vampire on that point.

Much more likely that most of the DHSC has gone on leave without thinking about the needs of the island.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1