Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

2 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

That the reason for the delay is that the AG needs to review the indemnities etc...

I haven't met anyone who believes the Boy Vampire on that point.

Much more likely that most of the DHSC has gone on leave without thinking about the needs of the island.

Probably to UK as a lot can work from home if not front line. So if they close borders they’re stuck across with the teachers and of course my daughter!!

13 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

That the reason for the delay is that the AG needs to review the indemnities etc...

I haven't met anyone who believes the Boy Vampire on that point.

Much more likely that most of the DHSC has gone on leave without thinking about the needs of the island.

As I said returning family forcing some DHSC employees to isolate with them. Having said that, I'm not sure if IOMG are still handing out dosh so the returners can isolate independently of the main family. Is that financial support still available? 

Whatever the case, the issue seems to be getting the right (or sufficient) numbers of DHSC and associated care workers to make sure a tray or trays of the vaccine is/are completely administered, ie, no wasted vials. At least that's what I've been told.

2 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Looks like Ashie ain't in the mood for a questioning on the fuckups

https://twitter.com/paulmoulton/status/1340975538127683585

Ashford will need someone to hold his hand, as he has all the way through this virus, if anyone thinks he has done a wonderful job, it is only because he was able to read a script unlike Quayle. He shouild be telling the nation why he is unable to deliver the "silver bullet" Quayle promised would be an early Xmas present. Useless pair of gobshites.

Edited by Beelzebub3
spelling

As I said returning family forcing some DHSC employees to isolate with them. Having said that, I'm not sure if IOMG are still handing out dosh so the returners can isolate independently of the main family. Is that financial support still available?

financial support available to all who returns before 31/12

51 minutes ago, Banker said:

Probably to UK as a lot can work from home if not front line. So if they close borders they’re stuck across with the teachers and of course my daughter!!

They're all stuck across with your daughter???

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think the clincher to establishing a wider tolerance & reduction of the spread will be the roll-out of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine. There's no requirement a convoluted logistics process that the Pfizer vaccine demands. 

Journos should be asking the question as to what proportion of the Oxford vaccine will the Island get (and when) once it's been given approval (given the fact that the UK government has ordered 100 million of these).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

I think the clincher to establishing a wider tolerance & reduction of the spread will be the roll-out of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine. There's no requirement a convoluted logistics process that the Pfizer vaccine demands. 

Journos should be asking the question as to what proportion of the Oxford vaccine will the Island get (and when) once it's been given approval (given the fact that the UK government has ordered 100 million of these).

Look at this article too, which shows a tweet from a European politician (rapidly retracted) showing the cost per dose of the different vaccines available.  Many Europeans use a comma to show the decimal point btw, as in the table (sorry if that sounds patronising).

7 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Look at this article too, which shows a tweet from a European politician (rapidly retracted) showing the cost per dose of the different vaccines available.  Many Europeans use a comma to show the decimal point btw, as in the table (sorry if that sounds patronising).

Saw the advert for ZipVit banner at the top and thought.... blimey how the hell did they manage to get hold of that?

AstraZeneca agreed with Oxford Uni Lab to manufacture and sell at more affordable prices to the lesser well off countries, hence the big difference. (Just in case anyone reading this didn't know the story) 

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Yes I know it’s Jersey and Guernsey doing similar but it shows how many you can get vaccinated if you get moving quickly instead of wasting time on the paperwork particularly in view of worsening position 

https://www.channel103.com/news/jersey-news/coronavirus-1300-islanders-vaccinated-in-first-week/

H’al on yessir

We are closed for three weeks.

US has already started vaccination programme with Pfizer vaccine.

Reports in press that politicians getting it first (to show how safe it is of course) causing some disquiet.

Not mentioned but I wonder when our UK football 'stars' and rich celebrities will be getting theirs ?  

4 hours ago, Apple said:

US has already started vaccination programme with Pfizer vaccine.

Reports in press that politicians getting it first (to show how safe it is of course) causing some disquiet.

Not mentioned but I wonder when our UK football 'stars' and rich celebrities will be getting theirs ?  

Well the US politicians will mainly qualify for vaccine on age , if uk start vaccinated footballers in 20s there would be cry’s of preference 

57 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well the US politicians will mainly qualify for vaccine on age , if uk start vaccinated footballers in 20s there would be cry’s of preference 

David Attenborough would be the best advert for it - old enough so not queue jumping, but probably the most trusted voice of reason in the country - one of the most, anyway.

• Like 6