Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Sure I saw an official announcement that the vaccination centre was being set up at Ronaldsway

So did I.

I think that is still what is planned for later.

20 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Sure I saw an official announcement that the vaccination centre was being set up at Ronaldsway

You're not hallucinating. The Airport was indeed mentioned in one of the IOM Gov news statements.

https://covid19.gov.im/news-releases-statements/extensive-preparations-for-roll-out-of-covid-vaccination/

3 hours ago, Banker said:

Ashie just said on Manx radio we have built up stock of 6 trays of vaccine, enough for 2800 people with Oxford one on order.

Still aiming end September to do all over 50s and he didn’t know how Jersey would do their plan to do 80% by April 

The communication around this is very confused. The last time the Magson woman was on the radio, which was around the time the first tray of Pfizer arrived, she was talking about 4-6 months to do the whole population, say 70,000 without kids). Since then, Ashford has talked about September to do the over 50's, which is very different. 

I suspect that Ashford is reading from a script which only covers the expected delivery of Pfizer, which is the only one where they have an assured delivery schedule. i.e. 40 weeks x 975/2 = 19,500 people, which sounds about right for that group of people who he mentioned.

As there is no delivery of the Oxford vaccine, so far, or an assured schedule, it seems that they haven't factored that in, at all, where as Jersey have. 

UK are hoping to get 2 million Oxford doses a week, by end of January, so our pro-rata share (based on what HQ said yesterday) would be 2600 a week. That would potentially enable another 1300 people to be done, each week, so assuming adult population of around 70,000 it would take around 39 weeks (70000-19500/1300), so that would take us to around end September too.

But, it's all very confusing and ambiguous.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nellie said:

The communication around this is very confused. The last time the Magson woman was on the radio, which was around the time the first tray of Pfizer arrived, she was talking about 4-6 months to do the whole population, say 70,000 without kids). Since then, Ashford has talked about September to do the over 50's, which is very different. 

I suspect that Ashford is reading from a script which only covers the expected delivery of Pfizer, which is the only one where they have an assured delivery schedule. i.e. 40 weeks x 975/2 = 19,500 people, which sounds about right for that group of people who he mentioned.

As there is no delivery of the Oxford vaccine, so far, or an assured schedule, it seems that they haven't factored that in, at all, where as Jersey have. 

UK are hoping to get 2 million Oxford doses a week, by end of January, so our pro-rata share (based on what HQ said yesterday) would be 2600 a week. That would potentially enable another 1300 people to be done, each week, so assuming adult population of around 70,000 it would take around 39 weeks (70000-19500/1300), so that would take us to around end September too.

But, it's all very confusing and ambiguous.

I wonder if we would get it any quicker if IOMG paid for it? In the big scheme of things 80K odd isn't a huge number and is certainly affordable providing DOI don't spaff any more money on minibuses or any other nice-to-have stuff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

It was Banker who was spreading the story that the vaccination hub would be in a hanger in the first place, so it is not a surprise to find that actually they're using newlands. He is always wrong.

Think you will find I was right as usual, when you get called shortly you can let us know!

I cannot understand the governments insistence that the second dose must be given at three weeks. The top uk scientists And doctors together with the  chief medical officers of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have all  agreed that the second dose can be given within twelve weeks thus allowing protection much quicker for many more people. I fear that it the island persists we will rabidly fall behind the UK in pro rata numbers of people being protected.

6 minutes ago, Miss Take said:

This is the vaccination email that came through to me. Looks legit but can’t be. 

6A97D8A9-6ED1-4B14-AF8A-D81D476C2A10.png

A4B73140-4F95-4707-A7DD-E06357E6F098.png

9B3C9971-34CA-4036-B3E9-17D41C118318.png

That looks exactly like the legitimate one I’ve got. I suspect your email address is similar to whoever is due their vaccine - you had to read them over the phone so easily done. 

6 minutes ago, wrighty said:

That looks exactly like the legitimate one I’ve got. I suspect your email address is similar to whoever is due their vaccine - you had to read them over the phone so easily done. 

What will they do for those elderly people who don’t have email like my mum & uncle?

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

I wonder if we would get it any quicker if IOMG paid for it? In the big scheme of things 80K odd isn't a huge number and is certainly affordable providing DOI don't spaff any more money on minibuses or any other nice-to-have stuff.

Are we not paying for it just now? 

18 minutes ago, Banker said:

What will they do for those elderly people who don’t have email like my mum & uncle?

It’s confirmation. You get a letter, they ask you to ring. You ring 111, they give you the appointments and confirm by e-mail, text or letter, depending what you have available.

Id guess the josie kelly this is intended for is nurse or care worker ( vaccine at Nobles Ward 20 ). Someone needs to tell 111. Josie on here can’t ring Manx 111.

• Thanks 1