Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

15 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I think you're talking shit again Banker, exaggerating things to suit your argument. You really should stop it. 

I think you’re the one talking shit!! You seem to be implying it’s good news to only vaccinate 1000 per week and hold 6 trays in reserve 

• Sad 1

Just now, TheTeapot said:

Back up your 6 trays in reserve line or stop telling lies.

FFS Ashie announced at 2 conferences that we had 6 trays already and we are guaranteed 1 per week, we’ve used 1 so we have 5 + 1 due this week,

Maths not your strong point? 

So https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/covid-vaccination-target-exceeded/

We did more than planned, so we stopped. Sounds entirely plausible that we could begin before Christmas. Very contradictory to previous statements.

He said: "We are delivering 975 a week over three days rather than 975 over 7 days. Staff have other day to day jobs they have to do or we start shutting down services so it was set up so we could do three days of intense vaccination and staff could then focus on their other roles for the other four days."

Edited by jaymann

33 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Because it is a two dose vaccine with a designed time frame, and for the reasons given in my post.

The UK messing about with the dosage schedule is not based on the evidence and a sign of desperation. We should not follow them.

I understand that but I don't agree. More will come so get it used ASAP

11 minutes ago, jaymann said:

So https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/covid-vaccination-target-exceeded/

We did more than planned, so we stopped. Sounds entirely plausible that we could begin before Christmas. Very contradictory to previous statements.

He said: "We are delivering 975 a week over three days rather than 975 over 7 days. Staff have other day to day jobs they have to do or we start shutting down services so it was set up so we could do three days of intense vaccination and staff could then focus on their other roles for the other four days."

So the target is too low & needs increasing to min 2000 per week, we seem to have set target low to meet this stupid September date if Ashie for all priority vaccinations when others are aiming for April 

1 minute ago, Banker said:

So the target is too low & needs increasing to min 2000 per week, we seem to have set target low to meet this stupid September date if Ashie for all priority vaccinations when others are aiming for April 

Definitely. It is very clear that we can be doing better at this.

Countries are fighting to roll out these schemes as fast as possible, but we are sitting on trays of vaccine having a break because we beat our target.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I know, but the people who designed and make it don't. It is not supported by the data, because the trial didn't look for it. It is a gamble, a gamble they feel that they have to take. 

I hope it pays off, but it is straight up dodgy to conduct a mass trial (for that is what it is) on your population.

I think Van-Tam is working on the principle that a single vaccine is better than no vaccine at all, especially for those who are part of the "active" population, ie. those who may not be frontline but a necessary part of the functioning of society.

I haven't read anywhere yet that the vaccine producers have warned against the change in dosage. However, the UK MRHA said, "although optimal efficacy was achieved through two doses, both vaccines “offer considerable protection after a single dose, at least in the short term.”

Then there is the immediate problem of the logistics of the fill and finish part of the supply chain. Right now that part of the process is way behind the actual manufacture of the vaccine.

That's why I said earlier in the thread that IOMG should start making stats available about projected & actual immunisations per group. Without that data the public will assume the worst and that they are doing bugger all. If, for whatever reason, IOMG vaccine program grinds to a halt then it can only be because of supply chain issue outside of governments control. If they haven't already done so, IOMG should be drawing up plans to delay the 2nd jab as well.