Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

It takes exactly the same time to inject an identical number of recipients with two doses assuming you inject the same number each week in each cohort, whether you start second dose after 3 or 12 weeks.

Are you sure. Unless you miss a week, week 4 sees you doing double weeks 1 to 3

Read that too Banker. Comparatively speaking, we've had so few cases here that it will have little or no effect......probably. The study also showed that repeat cases could be asymptomatic spreaders too.

Obvs excluding TJ of course who managed to catch it on multiple occasions.:D

14 hours ago, Happier diner said:

It worries me that we are out of step with our peer Nations and I feel that may come back to haunt us.

+1

It won't be long before UK citizens that have already been vaccinated and wishing to travel will be banging on No 10's door to get Boris to lift their lock-downs so that they can visit relatives and businesses everywhere else in UK, including the CD's. If Boris lifts the lock-downs we won't have anywhere near the numbers vaccinated to allow for that.

Whilst I understand the need to be cautious in certain operational areas I can't help thinking that we're going to get left behind and the inevitable angst that will accompany it, on both shores.

It's because we're a small community that we need to get immunity in the quickest time possible whilst continuing to test & monitor arrivals.

3 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Yes, but we are limited by supply. After they double the Pfizer injections the week after next, our stock will soon dwindle. 

So why is it then, that we could bypass UK DHSS for PPE when there wasn't enough to go around last year? We managed to do deals to get them direct fro  the manufacturers.

Why can't we do the same with the vaccine producers? The amount of vaccines we're looking at to do the whole Island would probably be about half of what the AstraZeneca Wrexham plant can produce in one day. 

44 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

+1

It won't be long before UK citizens that have already been vaccinated and wishing to travel will be banging on No 10's door to get Boris to lift their lock-downs so that they can visit relatives and businesses everywhere else in UK, including the CD's. If Boris lifts the lock-downs we won't have anywhere near the numbers vaccinated to allow for that.

Whilst I understand the need to be cautious in certain operational areas I can't help thinking that we're going to get left behind and the inevitable angst that will accompany it, on both shores.

It's because we're a small community that we need to get immunity in the quickest time possible whilst continuing to test & monitor arrivals.

Total drivel. Opening IOM borders is still going to be governed by the prevalence in UK. Not vaccination levels here. UK prevalence, even with vaccination won’t be anywhere near the 1/5000 or 20/100,000 level this side of September 2021. By then IOM will have vaccinated 70% of the  16+ population.

14 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

So why is it then, that we could bypass UK DHSS for PPE when there wasn't enough to go around last year? We managed to do deals to get them direct fro  the manufacturers.

Why can't we do the same with the vaccine producers? The amount of vaccines we're looking at to do the whole Island would probably be about half of what the AstraZeneca Wrexham plant can produce in one day. 

Price. UK have a great deal. Effectively cost. They aren’t going to sell 170,000 doses cheap.

Waiting list. They’ve pre sold everything for the rest of 2021 and into 2022

Administration logistics. Let’s say we get 170,000 doses tomorrow it’s still going to take months to administer.

33 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Yes, but we are limited by supply. After they double the Pfizer injections the week after next, our stock will soon dwindle. 

We get the same supplies as other crown dependencies who are well ahead of us in rolling out, FFS we’ve been sitting on the Oxford one for 10 days already checking paperwork!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

We get the same supplies as other crown dependencies who are well ahead of us in rolling out, FFS we’ve been sitting on the Oxford one for 10 days already checking paperwork!!

Ok, let's watch what happens with Jersey when people start to require second doses. They will probably have to stop or at least limit first doses. 

32 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Ok, let's watch what happens with Jersey when people start to require second doses. They will probably have to stop or at least limit first doses. 

Jersey have already adopted the UK approach of delivering the second dose of vaccine 12 weeks after the first. The general feeling here seems to be that the government are right to go with the manufacturer's recommendation regarding the second dose at 21 days, but you can't have it both ways. You can either give lots of first doses and delay the second dose (like Jersey) or you can give fewer first doses to ensure you have the vaccine available to give the second dose at 21 days. I am sure that there would be plenty of criticism of the Government if they decided to delay the second dose.

As I understand it, the initial supplies of vaccine are determined by the framework put in place by the World Health Organisation to ensure fairness. I don't think you can just ring up the suppliers and order it (unlike PPE).

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

Yes let’s see, Jersey are gearing up for 3000 per day ,Guernsey who don’t have any community spread are also well ahead of us starting 2/3 weeks before with Oxford vaccine rolled out in Alderney already 

Edited by Banker
  • Like 1