Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

15 minutes ago, Banker said:

Yes let’s see, Jersey are gearing up for 3000 per day ,Guernsey who don’t have any community spread are also well ahead of us starting 2/3 weeks before with Oxford vaccine rolled out in Alderney already 

There’s a simple answer. So what? What’s your rush? There are clearly different ways of rolling out administration. There’s not anything wrong with the Manx one. It seems to be a sensible plan. Execution may be crap. I can agree only time will tell.

Id rather have the Manx plan than the English one, ignoring manufacturer testing, data, and recommendations, ignoring their own emergency licensing criteria, ignoring WHO. Setting high targets, raising expectations. If it’s anything like the testing targets they won’t be met.

On top of that, at the 52% one dose immunity, as opposed to the 95%+ 2 doses in 3 or 4 weeks the benefit is marginal. 

It’s all Boris and headless chickens. No surprise there. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Yes let’s see, Jersey are gearing up for 3000 per day ,Guernsey who don’t have any community spread are also well ahead of us starting 2/3 weeks before with Oxford vaccine rolled out in Alderney already 

They can gear up for as many as they like, but they can't administer vaccine that they don't have. They are part of the same UK supply chain as IoM. With a population of just under 100,000 I don't see how they can get 21,000 doses a week.

21 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

1165 vaccines administered this week up from 1041 last week. The maximum theoretical number by getting six doses out of each of the 195 vials is 1170. Seems like a highly efficient process to me. 

Jersey doing 3500 this week which seems more efficient!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

There’s a simple answer. So what? What’s your rush? There are clearly different ways of rolling out administration. There’s not anything wrong with the Manx one. It seems to be a sensible plan. Execution may be crap. I can agree only time will tell.

Id rather have the Manx plan than the English one, ignoring manufacturer testing, data, and recommendations, ignoring their own emergency licensing criteria, ignoring WHO. Setting high targets, raising expectations. If it’s anything like the testing targets they won’t be met.

On top of that, at the 52% one dose immunity, as opposed to the 95%+ 2 doses in 3 or 4 weeks the benefit is marginal. 

It’s all Boris and headless chickens. No surprise there. 

Hi Joh  Wright. You keep saying this and most of your points are correct.

However what you are not explaining why we are behind. I get the rate is governed by supplies and I agree with your explanation of weekly rates. What I don't agree with is that you are not considering the fact that we are way behind. Not due to the rate of application or the supply, but simply because we started later and sat on our backsides for 2 weeks with the Pfizer and are still not even out of the blocks with the AZ vaccine.

That's the only thing that frustrates me.....apart from when someone says "what's the rush" and the answer to that question is pretty obvious to me

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Newbie said:

They can gear up for as many as they like, but they can't administer vaccine that they don't have. They are part of the same UK supply chain as IoM. With a population of just under 100,000 I don't see how they can get 21,000 doses a week.

Maybe they have raided our freezer

This is what does my head in

"It's hoped paperwork will have been completed to also allow the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine to be used from next week"

Use of the word 'hope' again. Never inspires confidence. CS speak for more than my jobs worth or even theres no chance

Edited by Happier diner

9 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

This is what does my head in

"It's hoped paperwork will have been completed to also allow the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine to be used from next week"

Use of the word 'hope' again. Never inspires confidence. CS speak for more than my jobs worth or even theres no chance

Yes it’s completely bollocks, we’ll have had the Oxford one for 2 weeks at least before using, probably get another delivery this week 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Hi Joh  Wright. You keep saying this and most of your points are correct.

However what you are not explaining why we are behind. I get the rate is governed by supplies and I agree with your explanation of weekly rates. What I don't agree with is that you are not considering the fact that we are way behind. Not due to the rate of application or the supply, but simply because we started later and sat on our backsides for 2 weeks with the Pfizer and are still not even out of the blocks with the AZ vaccine.

That's the only thing that frustrates me.....apart from when someone says "what's the rush" and the answer to that question is pretty obvious to me

You clearly haven’t understood the approach. No, the answer to the question what is the rush isn’t obvious.

We’re way ahead of most of the world, even most of Europe. Bleating repeatedly  that IOM sat on its arse doesn’t make it true, especially if there’s a valid plan for delivery.

the bleeding obvious is

we aren’t way behind

we have a delivery plan

its better than that of the UK

there actually isn’t a rush.

The paper work is something that’s been seized on and it’s a distraction.

On advice, from their experts, the plan is not to give someone the first vaccination if they don’t have the vaccine here already for the second. Yes it’s old fashioned and belt and braces, but it’s solid, good epidemiologically and valid. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's an interesting gamble. If no nursing or care home resident becomes positive before all such residents have been vaccinated then the decision makers will have won. If just one resident becomes positive before being vaccinated they will be deemed to have lost having unnecessarily delayed the roll out.

Well despite what some think , we are behind our peers, here’s Jersey figures which shows they are delivering second doses quickly . 1000 doses per day starting Monday when we may or may not start Oxford vaccine 

https://www.channel103.com/news/jersey-news/15-of-over-80s-receive-first-vaccine-dose/

Edited by Banker

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well despite what some think , we are behind our peers, here’s Jersey figures which shows they are delivering second doses quickly . 1000 doses per day starting Monday when we may or may not start Oxford vaccine 

https://www.channel103.com/news/jersey-news/15-of-over-80s-receive-first-vaccine-dose/

But they aren’t our peers. Their situation is somewhat different. I understand they may have received extra doses. Gibraltar certainly has.

It may be to do with supply line length, or just be politics. They were expecting to receive 35,000 doses this week but in fact received 70,000.