Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

15 minutes ago, Banker said:

We’ll compare with Channel Islands then who are well ahead of us with their main vaccinations centers opening in next week and much more ambitious plans than our 3 days per week .have a look at Tynwald questions to see what concerns everyone has and need answers 

The comment I was responding to was about the UK. I was pointing out that if you delay the second dose until 12 weeks, as in the UK (or Jersey for that matter), that you can give a lot more first doses between now and March. Presumably, the people in the UK who receive their first dose in March will not get their second doses until June. The IoM is saying it can deliver 2 doses to all over 50's by May

Edited by Newbie

Just now, bonatti said:

I suspect they are in no rush  as they have absolutely no intention of relaxing border restrictions until the majority of the UK has been vaccinated and covid cases there are at very low levels. 

It’s the published policy.

Just now, bonatti said:

I suspect they are in no rush  as they have absolutely no intention of relaxing border restrictions until the majority of the UK has been vaccinated and covid cases there are at very low levels. 

That ain't going to happen. Boris is already under pressure from party members to get the country back to work as soon as the aged & vulnerable have been jabbed (whether it's one jab or two). It's in the Guardian so it must be true!

1 hour ago, Newbie said:

You would have to compare like with like. The UK is saying it will have offered the first dose of vaccine to all over 50's by March. The IoM is saying it will have delivered 2 doses of vaccine to all over 50's by May. It depends whether you feel getting 2 doses 3 weeks apart (or 4 weeks apart in the case of the Oxford Vaccine) is more important than getting at least 1 dose into everyone

Accepted in part.  But March to end of May is at least 9 weeks and up to 11weeks so where is the missing 5 weeks.....?

Three weeks lost at the start, we must be accepting that we will lose 2 more

Realistic or incompetent? 

That is the question 

Well Guernsey received c 8500 vaccine doses in week to 10 January and planning for 42500 total by end March, we must be receiving similar and if so where is it??!

https://www.islandfm.com/news/guernsey-news/vaccine-rollout-continues-in-care-homes/

Jersey have done c5000 doses already and planning for 1000 per day from Monday so assume they are receiving supplies to do this why aren’t we?

Edited by Banker

Just now, Banker said:

Well Guernsey received c 8500 vaccine doses in week to 10 January and planning for 42500 total by end March, we must be receiving similar and if so where is it??!

https://www.islandfm.com/news/guernsey-news/vaccine-rollout-continues-in-care-homes/

It's being saved for themselves, I was chatting to a 20 something non frontline gov employee the other day who said he'd already had his first jab.

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Accepted in part.  But March to end of May is at least 9 weeks and up to 11weeks so where is the missing 5 weeks.....?

Three weeks lost at the start, we must be accepting that we will lose 2 more

Realistic or incompetent? 

That is the question 

I agree that they could have started the programme here earlier given that the reason for not doing so was that they didn't have a full week because of Christmas, and again because of New Year, but in reality they are only vaccinating 3 days a week at present. However, the UK's claim that they will have administered (or at least offered) 1 dose of vaccine to all over 50's by March means that, by definition, they will not have given everyone 2 doses until June as they are leaving 12 weeks between doses. The Isle of Man says it can give 2 doses to all over 50's by May, notwithstanding the delayed start. If both the UK Government and the IoM government reach their targets, the Isle of Man will finish vaccinating over 50's before the UK. Of course, it might be a big if on both counts!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, finlo said:

It's being saved for themselves, I was chatting to a 20 something non frontline gov employee the other day who said he'd already had his first jab.

Wouldn’t surprise me, the details of who’s getting vaccinated have been fairly secretive and hopefully more information will come out in Tynwald next week along with the so called technical issues!!

1 hour ago, finlo said:

Do tell us more, Does he reside with his 80+ year old nan/grandad? If memory serves me right they did mention briefly about vaccinating the primary carer? Maybe they do temp/voluntary work for St Johns, Hospice or another charity?

4 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Do tell us more, Does he reside with his 80+ year old nan/grandad? If memory serves me right they did mention briefly about vaccinating the primary carer? Maybe they do temp/voluntary work for St Johns, Hospice or another charity?

No, fifty something mother who has also had it granted she does work public facing.

1 hour ago, Newbie said:

I agree that they could have started the programme here earlier given that the reason for not doing so was that they didn't have a full week because of Christmas, and again because of New Year, but in reality they are only vaccinating 3 days a week at present. However, the UK's claim that they will have administered (or at least offered) 1 dose of vaccine to all over 50's by March means that, by definition, they will not have given everyone 2 doses until June as they are leaving 12 weeks between doses. The Isle of Man says it can give 2 doses to all over 50's by May, notwithstanding the delayed start. If both the UK Government and the IoM government reach their targets, the Isle of Man will finish vaccinating over 50's before the UK. Of course, it might be a big if on both counts!

A fair observation