Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

49 minutes ago, Cambon said:

A while ago, when you wanted the borders flung open, you quoted that the average age of those whom had died of Covid was around 80. You also said that 90% of all deaths were in people over 70. Our current plan to give those people the maximum protection asap is perfectly correct. 

So the U.K. reckon they can get the first shot into all over 50s done by the end of March? Eleven weeks. Not going to happen! 

Wtf are you comparing us to Uk for? Our peers are Channel Islands who are showing our leadership up as incompetent in vaccine roll out & rightly will be taken to o task for it next week.

At least in Uk you can get an appointment for vaccine which is more than you can say here!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Banker said:

Wtf are you comparing us to Uk for? Our peers are Channel Islands who are showing our leadership up as incompetent in vaccine roll out & rightly will be taken to o task for it next week.

At least in Uk you can get an appointment for vaccine which is more than you can say here!

News today says England (NOT UK) have completed 3.2M first doses. We have done half that pro rata. We would have been able to do the same and still reserve the second doses.

We have done less than half(pro rata) our CI peers.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Banker said:

I am not comparing us with anyone. I am just pointing out that the uk are saying that they can vaccinate around 25 million people in 11 weeks. Over 2 million a week, without the infrastructure and without the guarantees of vaccine supply. 

Lets see what happens next week when the Astra vaccine is rolled out to care homes etc. Then the week after when second jabs and first jabs of Pfizer are being administered. Suddenly we are doing 3000 a week, without worrying about supply.

When the supply permits, the airport hub can open and masses can be vaccinated. 

This is a marathon, not a sprint! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cambon said:

I am not comparing us with anyone. I am just pointing out that the uk are saying that they can vaccinate around 25 million people in 11 weeks. Over 2 million a week, without the infrastructure and without the guarantees of vaccine supply. 

Lets see what happens next week when the Astra vaccine is rolled out to care homes etc. Then the week after when second jabs and first jabs of Pfizer are being administered. Suddenly we are doing 3000 a week, without worrying about supply.

I am genuinely impressed with your optimism and genuinely hope you are right:D

6 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Let’s see what Ashie says to the many questions in Tynwald & later on most residents concerns over slow roll out rather than your BS government propaganda 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Would love to see the IOM "Project Manager's" spreadsheet with the schedule.

Ashie seemed surprised that over 80s were being offered appointments for first doses in mid February as we should be on other age groups by then.

Obviously doesn’t know what’s going on as not even reached k of over 80s yet so they need to get a grip quickly 

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Ashie seemed surprised that over 80s were being offered appointments for first doses in mid February as we should be on other age groups by then.

Obviously doesn’t know what’s going on as not even reached k of over 80s yet so they need to get a grip quickly 

He only knows what he gets told..

• Like 2