Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

Just now, Roger Mexico said:

But that is untrue.  If some over-80s are only receiving appointments to have their first jab in mid February (eg the 17th), then they can't be "fully" vaccinated by the end of February because there is a minimum of 21 days between shots.  We've got to the stage where simple maths or the use of a calendar seems beyond these people.

And as I understand it there are plenty of over 80's who are yet to get a letter, so presumably their first appointment will be late feb at the earliest

Here’s just 2 of the questions down for answers 

. The Hon. Member for Onchan (Ms Edge) to ask the Chief Minister –
How many people over the age of 80 received vaccines from the first tray; and how many other vulnerable or high risk individuals in other age groups have received the vaccine?
20. The Hon. Member for Onchan (Ms Edge) to ask the Chief Minister –
If he will publish the Vaccine Board’s recommendation to the Council of Ministers?

Meanwhile Moorhouse is asking what plans for a People’s Forest!!

35 minutes ago, Newbie said:

I think he is aware. He didn't know in the last press briefing but he posted it on his FB page afterwards, although in fairness he doesn't give the reason. 

This is from his FB page

Todays press briefing.
At questions I was asked about the time for the over 80's vaccination and people receiving invites for mid February. Unfortunately I didn't have the vaccination schedule with me (unusual for me!!). It is correct that people will be receiving appointments for Mid February. Based on the delivery schedules of the Vaccine to the island and our entitlement as part of the UK's receipt of vaccine it does mean it will take towards the end of February to fully vaccinate the 4,800 people in this category.
It is start of March that the delivery schedule and the Islands entitlement to vaccine ramps up in line with the UK's own receipt of vaccine and we will be on course to have vaccinated all over 50's and those in the vulnerable category by the end of May.

I'd like to see if the categories and the numbers for each category, showing invitations issued less vaccinated with a running balance and by vaccine type.

I'm also interested to see what the take up is for each category. We need to be sure that we have enough people in the community to ensure herd immunity.

Edited by Andy Onchan

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Meanwhile Moorhouse is asking what plans for a People’s Forest!!

DEFA won't want that - it means work.

And if the Y2K Millennium Oakwood is anything to go by, there'll be about 10,000 people to each living, surviving tree in it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

DEFA won't want that - it means work.

And if the Y2K Millennium Oakwood is anything to go by, there'll be about 10,000 people to each living, surviving tree in it.

The CM apparently wants it as part of his legacy. Wrong location and poor sourcing & implementation. The Millennium Oakwood is such a mess due to the planting design and also the use of mainly English Oak, rather than the hardier Sessile Oak that are more appropriate for our climate. It was also neglected which didn't help. We have some very knowledgeable woodland/forestry experts on the island, but DEFA override them, so they (and their reputation's) stay well away from such vanity projects. A great shame. 

• Thanks 1

Certainly ramping up in UK ,325k vaccinations in a day is good going 

Nearly 3.6 million vaccinations in UK

Along with the number of new deaths and cases, there was some more positive news in the government's daily coronavirus figures. 

The number of vaccinations in the UK up to 15 January now stands at 3,559,179 - up from 3,234,946 yesterday.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Isle of Man vaccination centre - partially completed, vs Salisbury Cathedral  vax centre - in service:

image0-6-min.thumb.jpg.f9491e953eff36179dc6afcb44303f89.jpeg.afa41e8cc7f197f8a2c4f1f6cd5e7e32.jpegPRC_179272640.jpg.e8bdf820604006207259dddc60f0ce71.jpg

Someone in the Keys really needs to ask the question. what the Fu*k are the walls for, totally OTT and likely to damage the existing fabric of the building.

I would love to see the Fire Plan for that maze too, who signed that off?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Boris Johnson said:

Someone in the Keys really needs to ask the question. what the Fu*k are the walls for, totally OTT and likely to damage the existing fabric of the building.

I would love to see the Fire Plan for that maze too, who signed that off?

Any reason it has to be more complicated than chairs in a hall, other than make work?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I would love to see the Fire Plan for that maze too

The simple Salisbury layout has a table at each vax. station, someone with a laptop (presumably doing data logging) at one end of the table, and a nurse and a victim. The wide space down the centre allows the victims to easily get to each station and then exit the area. The IoM layout appears to complicate things to the extent that the available area is not fully utilised.

I suppose that a FoI request to find which company got the contract to build this mess and how much they got paid, would be futile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1