Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

There was an interesting side comment yesterday by N Sturgeon when being asked about vaccine supply by Andrew Marr, when she let slip that the UK Government has asked that no details of vaccine supply are to be released.

Did anyone else catch it?

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

Would like to see the statistics showing the age groups done like most jurisdictions do , eg over 80s x, over75s y etc.

Presumably given that all that information is known by government, and that the plans for numbers being vaccinated now is laid out, I would appreciate a schedule to see when some age groups can expect to be called so I can clear my diary...😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Major Rushen said:

Warming up....image.thumb.jpeg.f03395c56960630c69691c4f638ec68e.jpeg

Today 25 January, the Isle of Man have successfully vaccinated:
Hub - 543
Care home - 18
Total  first dose delivered today - 249
Total  second dose delivered today - 312
Total  delivered today - 561
Cumulative total of first vaccinations - 3897
Cumulative total of second vaccinations - 312
Vaccinations will resume Tuesday 26 January. 

So, in UK terms that is the equivalent of 450,000 in one day. Today’s figure for UK isn’t up yet. They did 500,000 on Saturday.

33 minutes ago, John Wright said:

So, in UK terms that is the equivalent of 450,000 in one day. Today’s figure for UK isn’t up yet. They did 500,000 on Saturday.

And they did 221,000 yesterday. I guess there are all sorts of things that will affect the delivery on any particular day so comparing daily stats may not be that helpful

14 hours ago, Banker said:

Fully aware of that but how many have they actually done, 3/400 ?

I'm particularly interested in the uptake, ie. invitations sent (by group) less invitations taken up = balance outstanding by 1st & 2nd jab. That should give us an overall picture of approx immunity levels.

Who will have the vaccine ? Well there is one less NHSX Manager in the UK who stepped up to the plate (aged 50 I think) as she didn't want to see a dose get discarded. (reported in press over weekend)

Taking one for the team just got a new meaning.

10 minutes ago, asitis said:

I sincerely hope the waste of vaccine situation does not apply here, it would be so simple to keep a database of people who volunteer to attend at short notice should that situation be imminent !

Howie & ashie plus cabinet office 😂

• Sad 1

I would sincerely hope those sorts of incidents do not arise here. 

I am all for front line staff to receive as priority but not back room Managers. Mind you, easier to pop down to Ward 20 than for 80 odd year old to get from Ramsey to Airport, according to situations described quite angrily I thought by Mr Hooper in HOK today.

Is there a valid reason why people can not go to Nobles for it. Ward 20 has seperate facilities (in and out) dos it not?

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

it would be so simple to keep a database of people who volunteer to attend at short notice should that situation be imminent !

It might be so simple that they won't be doing it.

Presumably there is a separate database which is shared with the "blue light services" to protect their staff when attending any incidents involving non-vaccinated persons. 

10 minutes ago, Apple said:

Who will have the vaccine ? Well there is one less NHSX Manager in the UK who stepped up to the plate (aged 50 I think) as she didn't want to see a dose get discarded. (reported in press over weekend)

Taking one for the team just got a new meaning.

Plenty of similar stories - they talked about it on R4 this morning.

What are people meant to do? GPs are damned if they discard any at the end of the day, or damned if they give it to friends and family who will have it at some point anyway but are able to turn up immediately.

And it's not possible to plan, exactly, in advance.  Most vials give 6 doses, but some don't.  Can't plan for all the extras you might have.  If they overbooked no doubt they'd be slammed for turning people away.

• Like 3