Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

13 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I think you will find they are. It was their trial

An AstraZeneca spokesman said: 'In this small phase I/II trial, early data has shown limited efficacy against mild disease primarily due to the B.1.351 South African variant.

I stand corrected. Although the early reports that I saw only mentioned the University, there was no mention that AZ themselves were involved. Take a House Point! 

13 hours ago, Gladys said:

Howard proffers an opinion on every Mannin Line.  Sometimes I agree, sometimes, more often, I do not.  He was full of praise for the "girls", quickly corrected to "and boys", down there.   He offered no view on whether the facility was worth it, just that, as ever, the front line staff were doing a great job and whoever devised the process should be moved to sort out other problem areas. 

I think much of it is down to being grateful to have the vaccinisation (quote from MR this evening) which is entirely understandable and we will hear more of the same. Which is fine, but don't expect Howard et al to give an insightful opinion on a truly wasteful project.  The physical surroundings are completely separate to the delivery.

Cheers for that post Gladys.

I think my post was to feed the frenzied minds of the anti-vaxxers that a quick injection will sort out any IoMGov critics and neuter the  naysayers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

Approximately 35,000 +50 year olds (give or take).

They’ve managed 9,500 first dose vaccinations in just over a month encountering initial supply & set up issues.

Looks like all +50’s could actually be vaxed by Easter. 

Fair play to DA & Co.

Hopefully the questions can now start to emerge over what happens next ....

Using the figures on the 'dashboard' you can extraploate that there are 44,500 people in the first phase, i.e. the over 50's plus staff, plus high risk,plus vulnerable etc. That means 89,000 jabs to be given, in total, so 77,000 more, as at today.

To have all done by Easter would need around 10,000 jabs per week, which is totally unrealistic. I think DA has said his target is May, which would mean 4,500 per week between now and end May. This looks doable, based on last week's throughput, although this week seems a fair bit slower. 

Ofcourse, if eventual take up is 80% or 90%, those numbers can be adjusted down, and potentially bring the end date forward by 2/3 weeks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Using the figures on the 'dashboard' you can extraploate that there are 44,500 people in the first phase, i.e. the over 50's plus staff, plus high risk,plus vulnerable etc. That means 89,000 jabs to be given, in total, so 77,000 more, as at today.

To have all done by Easter would need around 10,000 jabs per week, which is totally unrealistic. I think DA has said his target is May, which would mean 4,500 per week between now and end May. This looks doable, based on last week's throughput, although this week seems a fair bit slower. 

Ofcourse, if eventual take up is 80% or 90%, those numbers can be adjusted down, and potentially bring the end date forward by 2/3 weeks.

Assuming supplies are forthcoming then you would expect vaccination numbers to increase quite a bit because I assume Chester Street with handle a decent volume and there will be something up North?

Not everyone of those 44500 people will have it.  I suspect by the end of April/early May that segment of people will be done.

44 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Good arithmetic Nellie!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beelzebub3 said:

I was under the impression that thinks were getting ramped up (DAs own words) as soon as the Airport hub was up and running, is there a problem with supply? things seem's to have slowed down according to the official reports.

They are. Remember, this is the second jab of the third week of ward 20 vaccinations, where they were doing around 1000 per three day week. From Thursday they will be back on first jabs. Once Chester St. Opens I expect numbers to double again, if supplies allow.

2 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Assuming supplies are forthcoming then you would expect vaccination numbers to increase quite a bit because I assume Chester Street with handle a decent volume and there will be something up North?

I think DA said that there now wouldn't be a hub style set up in the North. The local GP's would mop up people who had genuine issues with travel or those who are housebound, and the DHSC was trying to agree a deal with those GP's.

Although the dashboard doesn't tell the whole story, from the %'s it does look as if most people who want a jab, have managed to reach the Nobles or Airport hubs, regardless of where they live. You'd then expect perceived travel issues to diminish as they work through the younger age groups, the weather improves, and the days get longer. 

So perhaps not lavishing cash on a temporary Ramsey hub is a sound move.

Edited by Nellie

32 minutes ago, Nellie said:

I think DA said that there now wouldn't be a hub style set up in the North. The local GP's would mop up people who had genuine issues with travel or those who are housebound, and the DHSC was trying to agree a deal with those GP's.

Although the dashboard doesn't tell the whole story, from the %'s it does look as if most people who want a jab, have managed to reach the Nobles or Airport hubs, regardless of where they live. You'd then expect perceived travel issues to diminish as they work through the younger age groups, the weather improves, and the days get longer. 

So perhaps not lavishing cash on a temporary Ramsey hub is a sound move.

Correct but lots of Ramsey people whining about having to travel, also Peel lot asking for hub as well 

40 minutes ago, quilp said:

Urgent question asked in the house regarding possible covid-infected local Steam Packet staff potentially catching the virus from UK staff, but essentially, manx staff cannot jump the queue. 

Can't see how that makes sense at all using a risk based approach to the borders. It's only coming into the Island from transportation of people!!

Maybe talking 200 vaccines for IOMSPC staff, they are the group most at risk of coming into contact with the virus on a regular basis!!

The at risk groups on Island, are not at as much risk if the virus is not circulating here.

How many doses do we have 10,000? what's 200 off that?

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

Can't see how that makes sense at all using a risk based approach to the borders. It's only coming into the Island from transportation of people!!

Maybe talking 200 vaccines for IOMSPC staff, they are the group most at risk of coming into contact with the virus on a regular basis!!

The at risk groups on Island, are not at as much risk if the virus is not circulating here.

How many doses do we have 10,000? what's 200 off that?

I'd argue that the IOMSPCo staff are more important to vaccinate than the dentists and opticians that have already received it.

• Like 4