Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

11 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

International travel I don't really have a problem with, I've had to provide vaccination details before and get a yellow fever jab, that's understandable, and already a thing.

Internally though, the idea of needing one to go to an event or something, well that's a preposterous idea and they should fuck it right off.

Well it’s happening in Israel now and can see it being copied in other countries, wonder what Courtney Heading will do when refused entry?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/no-evidence-covid-cluster-isnt-under-control-health-minister/

When questioned by Ms Espey about the vaccine roll-out The MBE stated that "all over 50's will be done by end of May" (from 4:14 onwards).

Is that true and is that for both jabs?? I thought they said it would be August/September.

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well it’s happening in Israel now and can see it being copied in other countries, wonder what Courtney Heading will do when refused entry?

He should be refused entry anywhere on grounds of sanity, let alone vaccination.

It's only IoMG that could entertain him....

16 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/no-evidence-covid-cluster-isnt-under-control-health-minister/

When questioned by Ms Espey about the vaccine roll-out The MBE stated that "all over 50's will be done by end of May" (from 4:14 onwards).

Is that true and is that for both jabs?? I thought they said it would be August/September.

All over 50s by the end of May is the plan, and the rest by end of September except children. 

So I guess if anyone is planning of a foreign summer holiday, they will have to leave the kids at home as the will not be vaccinated.

3 hours ago, quilp said:

Lol, you do it all the time though! And I certainly don't get "upset very easily," mildly annoyed- yes, at lazy posters who don't bother to read recent posts and repeat stuff that has already been posted. You do that all the time too, but that's par for the course on this forum, mostly. 

Apparently Guernsey forums tolerate lazy posters so much better than ours:D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cambon said:

All over 50s by the end of May is the plan, and the rest by end of September except children. 

So I guess if anyone is planning of a foreign summer holiday, they will have to leave the kids at home as the will not be vaccinated.

Yes, I heard what he said but I'm not sure that was what we were told when they put the vaccination plan together in December. I understood all over 50's would not be vaccinated until August/September. 

28 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Yes, I heard what he said but I'm not sure that was what we were told when they put the vaccination plan together in December. I understood all over 50's would not be vaccinated until August/September. 

I think it was originally Aug/Sept, but was brought forward, I think, when the Astra vaccine was approved. 

I got my first jab 19th Feb and on 20th it was logged on my Patient Access file in the immunisation page.

For a trip to Central America I printed out this immunisation page showing all the yellow fever etc and the GP signed / stamped it - that was accepted for a visa. 

When  it is printed it comes out with a header with your details etc.

So there is a formal record, as well as the card you get.

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

Why are we stockpiling vaccines?

They need calling out!

We are not.  We are reserving second doses for those whom have had the first, just as Scotland are doing. It means that should there be a supply issue, we don't have to mothball the vaccination project.