Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

6 minutes ago, Cambon said:

We are not.  We are reserving second doses for those whom have had the first, just as Scotland are doing. It means that should there be a supply issue, we don't have to mothball the vaccination project.

There isn’t a supply issue, neither will there be.

It is proving extremely effective to administer a first dose to all as soon as possible.

Ashford would never admit it a bit like the need for vaccinating the SPCo. crews.

10 minutes ago, Cambon said:

We are not.  We are reserving second doses for those whom have had the first, just as Scotland are doing. It means that should there be a supply issue, we don't have to mothball the vaccination project.

I get that. But where is this supply issue. He said it was sorted the other day and it seems the UK has so much (of which we have a share) they need to start giving is away. Hope its not my vial!

1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

It is proving extremely effective to administer a first dose to all as soon as possible.

Ashford would never admit it a bit like the need for vaccinating the SPCo. crews.

In England, yes, where they have 1.5 million active cases and 10,000 new cases a day. They are jabbing as many as possible in the hopes that it will work. It is a fingers crossed situation. We don't have that issue and can afford the time to vaccinate properly.

• Like 1

Just now, Cambon said:

In England, yes, where they have 1.5 million active cases and 10,000 new cases a day. They are jabbing as many as possible in the hopes that it will work. It is a fingers crossed situation. We don't have that issue and can afford the time to vaccinate properly.

Hang on. You just said we were saving them in case there is a supply issue. There isn't and isn't likely to be.

Not sure what you are saying, you seem to be contradicting yourself. If we have plenty, we can vaccinate properly and quickly can't we?

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I get that. But where is this supply issue. He said it was sorted the other day and it seems the UK has so much (of which we have a share) they need to start giving is away. Hope its not my vial!

According to Matt Hancock, the uk has had delivery problems from Pfizer, which caused problems last weekend. If the UK receive less, we receive less. 

However, I did not say there is a supply issue. I simply said we can continue to vaccinate if there is a supply issue.

2 minutes ago, Cambon said:

It's no longer a fingers crossed situation. Testing has proven that it works and in some cases efficacy is improved because of the delay.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9290041/Matt-Hancock-claims-Britains-Covid-vaccine-roll-quiet-week-supply-issues.html

5 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

No. According to the data.

Manipulated data. Efficacy for single shot of Pfizer is 52%. Scientists who later reviewed pfizers data decided if they removed certain elements regarding placebos they could make the efficacy read 76%. If this were true, there would be no need for a second jab, as 76% is very high. 

England are literally winging it. It would not surprise me if they had to start all over again later in the year.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Cambon said:

According to uk media.

No, the research was led by PHE & PHS. As far as I can see it was first released to the BBC. All other media followed.

ETA:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/first-real-world-uk-data-shows-pfizer-biontech-vaccine-provides-high-levels-of-protection-from-the-first-dose

https://publichealthscotland.scot/news/2021/february/vaccine-linked-to-reduction-in-risk-of-covid-19-admissions-to-hospitals/

Plus numerous universities:

https://www.ed.ac.uk/news/2021/scottish-vaccine-roll-out-working-data-suggests

Edited by Andy Onchan

27 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Manipulated data. Efficacy for single shot of Pfizer is 52%. Scientists who later reviewed pfizers data decided if they removed certain elements regarding placebos they could make the efficacy read 76%. If this were true, there would be no need for a second jab, as 76% is very high. 

England are literally winging it. It would not surprise me if they had to start all over again later in the year.

Conspiracy? Public Health England Report? 

Maybe but gotta say its unlikely to be a made up job